Proel - DS10 Distorsion  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Re: Proel - DS10 Distorsion

Postby EdJ » 30 Aug 2017, 12:22

It is a pity;the sound is great but the noise level makes it unusable.I had hopes changing the 3k9 resistor for a 47k would raise it's output and therefor lessen the noise but it didn't.Would taking the led out(and thus raising the voltage 2 volts) make any difference?
EdJ

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby Manfred » 30 Aug 2017, 20:21

EdJ wrote:It is a pity;the sound is great but the noise level makes it unusable.I had hopes changing the 3k9 resistor for a 47k would raise it's output and therefor lessen the noise but it didn't.Would taking the led out(and thus raising the voltage 2 volts) make any difference?

I ran the pedal with LED in and LED out, I really have not noticed any difference in operation and noise.
Which kind of noise do you notice, semiconductor noise or hum.
There is no filter capacitor connected to +VS, it is therefore necessary to have a noisless plug-in power supply.
I had no problems with the pedal regarding noise or hum.
Manfred
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 300 times

Postby EdJ » 31 Aug 2017, 12:55

Thank you.I ran the pedal in front of a dumble(isch)clone,no other pedals and i used a battery.There was a humm that i really disliked.Audiable when not(or soft)playing.
Like i said;it is a pity because i like it's sound.
EdJ

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby Manfred » 31 Aug 2017, 23:43

EdJ wrote:Thank you.I ran the pedal in front of a dumble(isch)clone,no other pedals and i used a battery.There was a humm that i really disliked.Audiable when not(or soft)playing.
Like i said;it is a pity because i like it's sound.

As I have already stated, i had no hum problem with the original pedal.

I guess your problem with hum lies into the ground wiring.
I cannot carry out some more tests, because i had sold my pedal a couple of weeks ago.
Manfred
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 300 times

Previous

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)