Proel - DS10 Distorsion  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
EdJ
Information

Post by EdJ »

It is a pity;the sound is great but the noise level makes it unusable.I had hopes changing the 3k9 resistor for a 47k would raise it's output and therefor lessen the noise but it didn't.Would taking the led out(and thus raising the voltage 2 volts) make any difference?

Manfred
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Manfred »

EdJ wrote:It is a pity;the sound is great but the noise level makes it unusable.I had hopes changing the 3k9 resistor for a 47k would raise it's output and therefor lessen the noise but it didn't.Would taking the led out(and thus raising the voltage 2 volts) make any difference?
I ran the pedal with LED in and LED out, I really have not noticed any difference in operation and noise.
Which kind of noise do you notice, semiconductor noise or hum.
There is no filter capacitor connected to +VS, it is therefore necessary to have a noisless plug-in power supply.
I had no problems with the pedal regarding noise or hum.

EdJ
Information

Post by EdJ »

Thank you.I ran the pedal in front of a dumble(isch)clone,no other pedals and i used a battery.There was a humm that i really disliked.Audiable when not(or soft)playing.
Like i said;it is a pity because i like it's sound.

Manfred
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Manfred »

EdJ wrote:Thank you.I ran the pedal in front of a dumble(isch)clone,no other pedals and i used a battery.There was a humm that i really disliked.Audiable when not(or soft)playing.
Like i said;it is a pity because i like it's sound.
As I have already stated, i had no hum problem with the original pedal.

I guess your problem with hum lies into the ground wiring.
I cannot carry out some more tests, because i had sold my pedal a couple of weeks ago.

Bernardduur
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: Welagen - ODR

Post by Bernardduur »

I didn't know this pedal. I've got one in as it didn't work and forgot to check FSB. So I traced this unit..... it is the same as the schematics on this thread.

Main problem was the dc jack (centre positive), the switch, the soldering of the pots and that known issue with the 3k9 resistors. And yes, it is noisy.

I removed one jumper and fed the output of the second opamp to the output. This sounded much better!!
I also changed the polarity of the dc jack
Pics are in my instagram

On reverb today I found a unit with a different back plate that is made for centre negative dc. So they maybe corrected this issue???
'No more....... loud music.......'
Follow my love for pedals and amps on https://bernardduur.blogspot.com and https://www.instagram.com/bernardduur1