AMT Electronics - S1 Legend series  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

Regarding this comment and link by J0K3RX;

"Here is the CR6 running into a 4x12
[youtube][/youtube] ... el&list=UL "

Sounds great but do watch a few other clips of CR6 before you part with money because other videos DO NOT sound anywhere near as wow,, so I'd guess a lot of smoke an mirrors going on. tut tut.

Notice he does not show or mention the guitar ,, which is likely uber hot and or Active on board preamp setup for insane output to boost the little amp. :whappen:
Notice he does not mention details of how the speaker out was implemented?
Likely the CR6 has been bridged which doubles the wattage and depending how, may well add to the sustain produced.

Clever marketing ploy and may well fool a lot of people.

Just thought I'd mention it.
from an old fella who's been around long enough to read between the BS, :popcorn:
winky, Phil.

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

phatt wrote:Regarding this comment and link by J0K3RX;

"Here is the CR6 running into a 4x12
[youtube][/youtube] ... el&list=UL "

Sounds great but do watch a few other clips of CR6 before you part with money because other videos DO NOT sound anywhere near as wow,, so I'd guess a lot of smoke an mirrors going on. tut tut.

Notice he does not show or mention the guitar ,, which is likely uber hot and or Active on board preamp setup for insane output to boost the little amp. :whappen:
Notice he does not mention details of how the speaker out was implemented?
Likely the CR6 has been bridged which doubles the wattage and depending how, may well add to the sustain produced.

Clever marketing ploy and may well fool a lot of people.

from an old fella who's been around long enough to read between the BS, :popcorn:
winky, Phil.
Man, you ain't gettin it are ya!? BTW - Thanks for quoting me out of context without the rest of what I wrote!? Do you really think that I am promoting that little "piece-o-crap" Orange amp? I was only talking about the chip power amp section, the "TDA7267A - 3W MONO AMPLIFIER" chip inside! What does that have to do with whether or not the guitar has an active on-board preamp or even the preamp inside the amp itself for that matter..? That chip can run at either 4 or 8 ohms so, maybe that answers your question on how the speaker out was implemented... If it's bridged still, I am talking about the chip amp power section... The reason I posted was because I thought it was a very cost affective very small and very easy 3w power amp to build and you can get that chip at Radio Crap Shack for a couple $. I built it according to the data sheet and it sounds pretty damn good... knock it down, I don't care! Tell me why it won't work and why something else is better yada yada blah blah blah.... :slap: Read the past posts if you don't get it!
1.) If it sounds good then it is good!
2.) If it sounds good then it is good!
3.) If it sounds good then it is good!

Take it from another old fella who's been around long enough to read the whole paragraph before throwin in my 2 pennies! :roll:

:thumbsup ~Jim

***ALERT*** - I AM IN NO WAY SAYING TO GO BUY AN ORANGE CR6 OR CR3 OR CR-ANYTHING! AS A MATTER OF FACT I DON'T EVEN WANT TO TALK ABOUT THEM AT ALL, EVER!!! GEESH :roll:

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

okay - settle down folks :hug:
Still interested in the AMT Tube Cake circuit though - surely somebody has one of these that they could look inside and obtain the correct missing parts designations ????
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

AT,, *J0K3RX *
Out of context NO,
I'm simply pointing out that the video link does not honestly represent the true sound of the CR6 amplifier.
It was not intended to have a dig at you,,, so YOU need to get the context of the message. :thumbsup

THE Message IS,, FWIW,,, to all those who do not understand the tricks that can be easily played out on the ignorant. :secret:

This is just a classic example of how easy it is to fool people who do not fully understand. :popcorn:

The focus is on the little Amp but NO mention of the tricks used to make an ***AVERAGE Orange Brand Amplifier**** sound like magic.

I'm not having a dig at you or the chip you refer too,,, I have no doubt that the chip you refer to is fine.

Just pointing out that No CR6 Amp will ever sound like that without a Big BIG help from other circuitry. (which is at guess inside the guitar)

Sorry if implied something negative about your work.
Phil.

es_gt
Information
my favorite amplifier: MB dual R

Post by es_gt »

Due to my birthday, brother present me the Tube Cake.
l'll get it in a week or somewhen like this.

So I promise to analyse, to share the inside and discuss how it works.
Every fourth scientist in the world comes from the USSR or Russia.
I'm "the every forth"

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

I have built B1, E1, a Diezel all with direct out and a JFET cab simulation. I will post pics and sound clips sometime soon. I will also compare my cab simulation with the cab simulation on the P1.. I will ust the onboard cab sim on the P1 and then I will go through the direct out into my cab sim so you can compare. Personaly I like the one I built much better than the one in the pedal... But I could be bias to my own stuff :roll:

jymaze
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jymaze »

Cannot wait!!!

sugab
Information

Post by sugab »

can someone look the AMT E1,P1,B1 for output signal with Oscilloscope??thanks :)

Pruttelherrie
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Pruttelherrie »

sugab wrote:can someone look the AMT E1,P1,B1 for output signal with Oscilloscope??thanks :)
What exactly do you want to see?

jymaze
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jymaze »

Something like that...
Attachments
Wave.jpg

Pruttelherrie
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Pruttelherrie »

Ok, here you go, E1 output on my trusty old Tek465 'scope:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y3q08l7jnwsv2tl/5B6XXBds7I

It's a sinus of approximately 350Hz, with increasing input volume. After it starts clipping like that, you can up the volume more and more but it looks the same. Also, you can change the gain from 9:00 to 16:00 and the shape stays the same as well. These traces were with all the knobs in the middle position (see last photo).

sugab
Information

Post by sugab »

Pruttelherrie wrote:Ok, here you go, E1 output on my trusty old Tek465 'scope:

It's a sinus of approximately 350Hz, with increasing input volume. After it starts clipping like that, you can up the volume more and more but it looks the same. Also, you can change the gain from 9:00 to 16:00 and the shape stays the same as well. These traces were with all the knobs in the middle position (see last photo).
yes...thats same...I just want to make sure ....last week I tried to look my DIY B1 output signal in my Campus Laboratory.... something like that... thanks alot... :)

Pruttelherrie
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Pruttelherrie »

sugab wrote:
Pruttelherrie wrote:Ok, here you go, E1 output on my trusty old Tek465 'scope:

yes...thats same...I just want to make sure ....last week I tried to look my DIY B1 output signal in my Campus Laboratory.... something like that... thanks alot... :)
You're welcome!

I find you cannot tell a lot from 'scope traces when lots of stages are involved... Analysis of one single stage (like the traces on Victor's pages) are ok-ish, but quantitative measurements based on traces are really hard.

Pruttel.

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

Ok, here is what I have.. It's the Bogner B1 with some minor tweeks and cab simulation with bass and treble knobs for the cab sim. Like the AMT it has 2 outputs, one straight preamp out and one preamp cab sim out. If you hit the bypass while you are running out of the cab sim output it just turns off the preamp, the cab sim is still on so you can use it for just a cab sim if you want with other preamps or whatever.... Sounds F'ing incredible to me!!! I will do a demo of the whole thing as soon as I get more time :roll: I will run out of the P1 into the cab sim in my pedal and record and then just the P1 with it's cab sim so you can compare. Then I will just use the pedal and record both with and without the cab sim... Still waiting on knobs :? I think this sounds better than all of my stuff!!! The ENGL and Diezel are next and I can't wait to get them done!
Attachments
B1 CLONE SS.jpg

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

Nice!
What are the 8 knobs doing?

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

ggedamed wrote:Nice!
What are the 8 knobs doing?
Top 6 knobs are from left to right (Gain - Bass - Mid -Treb - Pres - Vol) basically like the AMT pedals with the added presence knob. The next row of 2 knobs are for the Cab/Speaker simulation left to right (Lows - Highs)... I know it's a lot of knobs but believe it or not there is still room for a battery inside..

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

I could have just used fixed resistors instead of the knobs for the cab sim but I really like being able to shape the sound using them... And, I am not using the AMT schematic for this sim although it does use two J201's... I was using 3 J201's but for now I just using 2.

es_gt
Information
my favorite amplifier: MB dual R

Post by es_gt »

Schematics of the AMT Tube Cake:

Some photo of the inside:

Questions?!
Every fourth scientist in the world comes from the USSR or Russia.
I'm "the every forth"

KMG
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by KMG »

One note to schematic, VT1 & Vt2 differential stage, must be PNP type. Emitters must be connected to R5 & R8, collectors to GND & R6.
What is the marking on these transistors?

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

es_gt - Do you like it, the Tube Cake?

BTW - The Chamelion Cab CH1 is out now and going for $119 and the Stonehead 50W Head is $699. Both are now available in the US in stock for immediate shipment. Just incase anybody want to get either of them and share what you find :lol: