EHX - Memory Man Reissue EHX-NewSensor True Bypass?  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
lacopadeeuropa
Information

Post by lacopadeeuropa »

Hi guys,

I'm new posting here, but I've been reviewing here lots of information that has been quite usefull to me for years, and first of all I want to thank anyone that has post anything at anytime on this forum. WWW is so usefull because of people like you.

After digging on the web, (and obviously this forum), I didn't find any relevant information about true-bypassing a NewSensor Deluxe Memory Man pedal.

The schematics, that were not easy to get, can be found here

In addition, I don't know if the relay switching system on it is fairly enough transparent to consider it as a true bypass. (If it was, why would they enhance the new version with true bypass switching?)

I found lots of usefull information here , but I think that it is not clear enough on converting it to true bypass or if it is worth or not.

As you will know, these RIs come with 3PDT switches.

So, I thought that maybe for you it's very simple to draw some lines on the circuit to allow true bypassing using the existing 3PDT, and that maybe some light could be shed into the relay truebypass system convinence.

Thank you in advance guys

PmCimini
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by PmCimini »

Aren't those already true-bypass?

lacopadeeuropa
Information

Post by lacopadeeuropa »

This isn't one of the New ones, I'm talking about the 2002 version, which has 3PDT but not hardware true bypass. The fact id that I don't know if it id worth performing the true bypass mod and if it is, how to do it.

Thank you.

lacopadeeuropa
Information

Post by lacopadeeuropa »

Moreover, my model is EC2002 REV_E (The schematic that is attached is for REV_D, but I don't know what are the differences....)

Thank you

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

If you look to the left in that schematic you'll see that a relay is used for the true bypass.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

lacopadeeuropa
Information

Post by lacopadeeuropa »

Thank you Dirk_Hendrik, but, is that an actual true bypass? Well, true bypass or not is not a big issue to me, but do you think that the relay switching is completely no tone sucking? That's my question. (Sorry if I sound too newbie, but I've never dealed with relays before)

Thank you again!

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Ask yourself what's the difference between a relay and a mechanical switch.

A relay is a mechanical switch in which the switching is not done manually but with an external voltage. From an electron flow perspective there is absolutely no difference between the 2.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

cerelac
Information

Post by cerelac »

anyone has the schematic posted in the initial post? its gone.