The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby Brainbender » 06 Mar 2012, 20:53

I'd like to see guts of a Catalinbread Octapussy. I know, it's not yet on the market, but i'm just curious what's different then the Octavia... :)
Cheers!

http://www.catalinbread.com/images/octapussy.jpg
User avatar
Brainbender
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 100
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:52
Has thanked: 21 times
Have thanks: 6 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby kittycaster » 12 Mar 2012, 03:55

Brainbender wrote:I'd like to see guts of a Catalinbread Octapussy. I know, it's not yet on the market, but i'm just curious what's different then the Octavia... :)
Cheers!

http://www.catalinbread.com/images/octapussy.jpg





8)
kittycaster
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 05 Nov 2007, 09:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 4 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby kh602 » 18 Apr 2012, 20:10

CHEEZOR wrote:
kh602 wrote:I would like to see more pics of the JOE BONAMASSA WAH PEDAL please. I am curious as to what this one component dunlop has added
that they havent done with any others apart from the true and none true bypass switch and output buffer..theres one more thing different on the massa wah pedal.

Also more gut shots of the jason becker distortion pedal. i have the ones that have been posted online. wondering if anyone else could provide better shots

cheers

Here is a gut shot, but it doesn't really tell you that much. Nice build quality though. I got it from this page: http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/inside-story-joe-bonamassa-signature-cry-baby/ which has some info about the pedal. I would love to see a better shot of it though!
JB95-insideblog.jpg


yeah i saw this pic agers ago, but wasnt sure if bonamassa was talking about dunlop never using the halo inductor that makes it different from all the rest or not.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE GUTS OF THE ZAKK WYLDE CHORUS??? anyone have one? i know it looks exacly like the analog chorus, but with some tweaks. Can't get a schematic for either of them.
kh602
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 15:35
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 32 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby kh602 » 09 May 2012, 09:16

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the crybaby octave wah from
The early 90s? Gcb-95O. Would be amazed if anyone has gut shots of this pedal. I have seen
This wah knocking around once in a blue moon. Seems rare to come by.
kh602
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 15:35
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 32 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby sinner » 11 May 2012, 19:17

cutoutwitch wrote:I'd like to see the inside of a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore.



here you go http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12919
sinner
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: 06 Nov 2008, 18:16
Location: ...no more
Has thanked: 1240 times
Have thanks: 1100 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby digi2t » 11 May 2012, 20:24

sinner wrote:
cutoutwitch wrote:I'd like to see the inside of a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore.



here you go viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12919


I have the Mold Spore schematic. PM me with your email, and I'll send it to you. I also have the pedal, but no gutshots on hand. Fan-fuckin'-tastic wah. I love it. It sits comfortably nestled next to my Ring Stinger clone.

Cheers,
Dino
No matter how many times I cut it, it`s STILL too short!
digi2t
Degoop Doctor
 
Posts: 277
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 16:10
Has thanked: 56 times
Have thanks: 361 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby teej212 » 31 May 2012, 20:39

i would love to see the guts of the iron ether xerograph. dying to know whats inside.
teej212
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 01:24
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 9 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby Scruffie » 01 Jun 2012, 14:11

teej212 wrote:i would love to see the guts of the iron ether xerograph. dying to know whats inside.


Think I saw them... FV-1 chip if I recall.
Scruffie
Opamp Operator
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: 13 Mar 2009, 18:59
Location: London.. ish, Uk
Has thanked: 28 times
Have thanks: 144 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby teej212 » 01 Jun 2012, 14:36

i saw the bitcrusher and reverb were fv-1 circuits, havent seen the xerograph though. I would have expected that to be analog :hmmm:
teej212
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 01:24
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 9 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby TubeOrgasmer » 06 Sep 2012, 15:54

Anyone got or seen any gutshots of the new Whammy V? I just wanna see how the bypass switch is incorporated. I'd like to see if I could hack it to add a momentary switch to it.
TubeOrgasmer
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 11:57
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 2 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby beedotman » 13 Sep 2012, 16:58

CHEEZOR wrote:
kh602 wrote:I would like to see more pics of the JOE BONAMASSA WAH PEDAL please. I am curious as to what this one component dunlop has added
that they havent done with any others apart from the true and none true bypass switch and output buffer..theres one more thing different on the massa wah pedal.

Also more gut shots of the jason becker distortion pedal. i have the ones that have been posted online. wondering if anyone else could provide better shots

cheers

Here is a gut shot, but it doesn't really tell you that much. Nice build quality though. I got it from this page: http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/inside-story-joe-bonamassa-signature-cry-baby/ which has some info about the pedal. I would love to see a better shot of it though!
JB95-insideblog.jpg


Here's little better gut shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.turretboard.org 4 life!
User avatar
beedotman
Diode Debunker
 
Posts: 840
Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 11:24
Has thanked: 428 times
Have thanks: 411 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby merlinb » 23 Sep 2012, 19:27

I'd like to see inside the ADA GCS-2 cab simulator:
http://www.adaamps.com/Products/ada-GCS2/GCS2.htm
merlinb
Solder Soldier
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 18 Nov 2010, 18:39
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 165 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby night-butterfly » 25 Sep 2012, 08:21

I'd like to see the guts of the earthquaker's devices bit commander. It's an amazing -2 -1 +1 oct fuzz and looks like it's all analog (you can see a small gut pic on a youtube vid and there are 8pin ICs a transformer and some diodes for the oct/up).
Thanks!
User avatar
night-butterfly
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Nov 2010, 06:48
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 11 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby ~arph » 25 Sep 2012, 10:25

In the quiet words of the virgin Mary: "Come again?"
User avatar
~arph
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 607
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 11:35
Has thanked: 65 times
Have thanks: 170 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby Bernardduur » 17 Oct 2012, 15:55

Anyone has the insides of a Zinky Master Blaster? Should be a FET driven clean boost pedal that should have a nice tone knob. No idea but I'd love to peek inside.
'No more....... loud music.......'
Bernardduur
Transistor Tuner
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 08:36
Location: Losser.........
Has thanked: 87 times
Have thanks: 489 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby beedotman » 17 Oct 2012, 20:04

Anybody got new Fulltone Clyde (standard or deluxe..) with buffer?
http://www.turretboard.org 4 life!
User avatar
beedotman
Diode Debunker
 
Posts: 840
Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 11:24
Has thanked: 428 times
Have thanks: 411 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby jimosity » 17 Oct 2012, 20:20

merlinb wrote:I'd like to see inside the ADA GCS-2 cab simulator:
http://www.adaamps.com/Products/ada-GCS2/GCS2.htm


I have one of these that I could pull apart.
FYI; it is very underwhelming / Doesn't sound very good at all.
As much as I dig ADA gear; I can't recommend this one.
jimosity
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 129
Joined: 12 Sep 2008, 04:23
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 5 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby lukatosh » 17 Oct 2012, 21:02

jimosity wrote:
merlinb wrote:I'd like to see inside the ADA GCS-2 cab simulator:
http://www.adaamps.com/Products/ada-GCS2/GCS2.htm


I have one of these that I could pull apart.
FYI; it is very underwhelming / Doesn't sound very good at all.
As much as I dig ADA gear; I can't recommend this one.


Jimosity, that would be awesome!
lukatosh
Solder Soldier
 
Posts: 193
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 03:55
Has thanked: 33 times
Have thanks: 180 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby roseblood11 » 17 Oct 2012, 23:15

MXR M-234 Analog Chorus
roseblood11
Tube Twister
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: 23 Aug 2008, 15:21
Has thanked: 352 times
Have thanks: 315 times

Re: The great "I'd like to see the guts of" thread

Postby Magnetar Effects » 24 Nov 2012, 19:18

I request that a sansamp classic owned by a radiologist create hi-res x-ray images of the heart of the sansamp circuit that is sandwiched in between two inch white squares sealed in epoxy. Then we can get accurate verified schematics traced once and for all.
Magnetar Effects
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 Sep 2012, 22:24
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AAntonio, Etch107 and 3 guests