Marshall - ED-1 Compressor  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

It's not really worth it. The strength of a chain is its weakest link - and that's the design with the OTA in the signal chain.

I sold my ed-1 a few weeks ago. Somehow I liked it, but all of my diy comoressors were way better

marushio_rima
Information

Post by marushio_rima »

roseblood11 wrote:It's not really worth it. The strength of a chain is its weakest link - and that's the design with the OTA in the signal chain.

I sold my ed-1 a few weeks ago. Somehow I liked it, but all of my diy comoressors were way better
thanks again for all. i'm only to know how it will work in these way , only for have a little more experience, i don't have the knologe to make my own pedal yet, maybe someday. thanks for all :)

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Reolin
Information

Post by Reolin »

Recently I got this pedal and what I noticed it produces audible POP when I turn if on and off but only when it is the first in the chain. When I put buffered pedal in front of it the pop dissapears.
I tried to add pulldown resistor before C4, but nothing changed. Did anyone also have this problem and know how to fix it?