New line of BBE stompboxes

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
OrionManMatt
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: AC30
Completed builds: BB Preamp, volume pedals, tap tempo boxes, etc.

Post by OrionManMatt »

Not sure exactly where this "should" go, but has anyone else noticed the barrage of new BBE pedals (patterned after vintage stompboxes)? They look pretty sweet to me. That analog delay at the bottom has me itching.

http://www.bbesound.com/products/stomp_boxes/index.asp

OrionManMatt
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by OrionManMatt »

Feel free to delete. It's a bit lame, I know. :)

teleman
Information

Post by teleman »

I actually think those stomps are cool. They are cheap and unpretentious. The only one I've tried at a gig is the Sonic Stomp which is the pedal version of the sonic maximizer. It sounded good and I will include it in my rig when I get some cash. It clears up some of the muddiness in my sound in a way that my amp EQ can't really do, so I like it. Alot of times I trust the bigger companies with new pedals because they have trained engineers designing circuits. Some of the hyped stuff on the forums is just some guy changing shit in a RAT or a Tubescreamer with questionable quality control!

oscarv77
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by oscarv77 »

teleman wrote:...Some of the hyped stuff on the forums is just some guy changing shit in a RAT or a Tubescreamer with questionable quality control!
Truer words were never spoken...

OrionManMatt
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by OrionManMatt »

teleman wrote:I actually think those stomps are cool. They are cheap and unpretentious. The only one I've tried at a gig is the Sonic Stomp which is the pedal version of the sonic maximizer. It sounded good and I will include it in my rig when I get some cash. It clears up some of the muddiness in my sound in a way that my amp EQ can't really do, so I like it. Alot of times I trust the bigger companies with new pedals because they have trained engineers designing circuits. Some of the hyped stuff on the forums is just some guy changing shit in a RAT or a Tubescreamer with questionable quality control!
I know a few cats who use and love the Sonic Stomp. I will say, though, that the Green Screamer seems to have a smaller "gain-width" than your typical clone -- for whatever that is worth.

teleman
Information

Post by teleman »

I always turn the gain all the up on a Tubescreamer anyway. I like midrange!!!!

indyguitarist
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by indyguitarist »

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Thanks Brian :wink:
looks like another SOS pedal at first glance - don't we all have enough of these already :lol:
cheers
Steve
be kind to all animals - especially human beings