Small Clone SAD1024 version - Please help me ID some diodes

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
sfx
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sfx »

Hi everyone!

I hope this is the right forum, I didn't know whether to put this in here or the "Workbench"...

Anyway, I'm going to be building a Small Clone-clone, the version with the SAD1024 BBD IC. I was just wondering if anyone might know what the values would be for the 3 diodes near the BBD on the schematic, the image below is the schematic with the diodes in question marked in red.

The MN3007 version of the Small Clone has just one diode near the BBD IC, a 1N914... Maybe the SAD1024 version has 3 of those in series?

If anyone feels like poking their head in their old Small Clone (that has the SAD1024 chip) for me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
sfx

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

Try contacting Analogman or Ronsound (posts as "theehman" I think). I've heard of the SAD1024 version but have never seen one.
The television will not be revolutionized.

alteredsounds
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alteredsounds »

I've got 3 or 4 old SC's here, if you dont get a reply i'll pop them open and c if any r sad1024 vers.

theehman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by theehman »

If I know EH (and I do) those diodes are your standard 1N914/1N4148.

Alteredsounds: I'd be interested in pot codes, delay ICs, and whether mini or full chorus on your Small Clones. I'm trying to determine when changes were made. SAD1024 units seem to be much rarer than the MN3007 units.
Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs

sfx
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sfx »

theehman wrote:If I know EH (and I do) those diodes are your standard 1N914/1N4148.

Alteredsounds: I'd be interested in pot codes, delay ICs, and whether mini or full chorus on your Small Clones. I'm trying to determine when changes were made. SAD1024 units seem to be much rarer than the MN3007 units.
Thanks Ron for the input. FWIW, I used to own a Small Clone with the SAD1024 chip that was a "Full Chorus". The BBD on mine died which I replaced and still have a couple spares of the chip... which is the only reason I'm trying to attempt this.

alteredsounds
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alteredsounds »

theehman wrote:If I know EH (and I do) those diodes are your standard 1N914/1N4148.

I'll pop them open this evening and have a look.

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

[quote="theehman"]...whether mini or full chorus on your Small Clones.[quote]

:shock: :scratch:

Lucy, you got some s'plaining to do.
The television will not be revolutionized.

theehman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by theehman »

The Rotagilla wrote:
theehman wrote:...whether mini or full chorus on your Small Clones.

:shock: :scratch:

Lucy, you got some s'plaining to do.
Some units say Full Chorus on the top beneath the Small Clone logo. Some units say Mini-Chorus.
Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs