DOD - FX102 Mystic Blues Overdrive  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Attachments
DOD - FX102 Mystic Blues Overdrive schematic
DOD - FX102 Mystic Blues Overdrive schematic
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

camljenkins94
Information
my favorite amplifier: My Custom 18-Watt Marshall Bass Amp
Completed builds: Fuzz Face Diy Clone
Boss DS1 gain mod

Post by camljenkins94 »

I've been bitten by a bit of a DOD bug recently, and I've made a hobby of modeling the FX series of pedals in LTSpice to see how the tone is shaped, how they distort, et cetera. However, I'm having a bear of a time trying to model the FX-102 because the schematic that is commonly available is rather poorly laid out and difficult to read. After spending about an hour redrawing the schematic, I decided to model it, only to find that the EQ, as drawn in the schematic, has a practically useless treble control (According to a bode diagram). I tried rearranging a few bits of circuitry to get the treble control to respond, which was mildly successful, but I'm now doubting the accuracy of the schematic that is available online.
Here's the design as according to the schematic.
Here's the design as according to the schematic.
Here's what worked.
Here's what worked.
So, I'm wondering if any of you marvelous people have any ideas to put forward or FX-102's to trace. If you do, it would be very much appreciated.