Ibanez - CP-10 Compressor/Limiter  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
estragon
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by estragon »

File uploaded!
Attachments
Ibanez Compressor CP-10.pdf
I don't recall where I got this, but seems legit to me.
(80.99 KiB) Downloaded 853 times

FloPoeKo
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Reckmeyer-Modded Mesa Lonestar Classic

Post by FloPoeKo »

I just started tweaking a CP-10 (I also have the models CP835, CP9, CPL and BP5 at hand). A few things I found disappointing about the CP-10
and tried some ideas which worked pretty good.

- It doesn´t reach unity gain with humbuckers and sustain fully ccw even with Level at fully cw. I jumpered R48 (20k) which fixed that.
- It has too much low end for my taste. I lowered C12 from 1uF (high-pass-filter before level-control) to the CP-9 0,22uF which fixed that.
- It sounds a bit muffled. I lowered C6 (which tames the inherent treble-boost of the BA6110) from 0.001uF (1000pF) to 680pF (which is good) and 470pF (still good but maybe to much for some folks, especially with singelcoils). Maybe 560pF is a perfect value (which I didn´t have at hand). Even with 470pF the noise at least in a clean setting was still very acceptable. Maybe raising the input-impedance via R4 (510k) would also help.
- How can I lower the minimum sustain? I figured R11 might be the spot but I´m not quite sure...

If someone would take the time to explain the different parts directly connected to the BA6110 an what they do (what affects what) would be great.