Earthquaker Devices - Acapulco Gold  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Re: Earthquaker Devices - Acapulco Gold

Postby Udonitron » 03 Aug 2016, 01:34

Crystal, will go do this now and report back.
Thanks again mate.
Udonitron

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Udonitron » 03 Aug 2016, 02:01

Just to be clear, I am connecting vol 1 wire on the pcb to the already grounded v1 tab, correct?
Just making sure as to not ground something that shouldn't be.
I don't doubt you just double checking before powering it up lol.
Udonitron

Postby Udonitron » 03 Aug 2016, 02:21

Well I picked up a good radio station haha.
As soom as I upped the 1M it just started clipping in a rhythmic pattern, no noise from my guitar.
Everything is properly grounded so no clue what is up...perhaps I should not be trying to make pedals :?
Udonitron

Postby zender » 14 Jan 2017, 20:36

Starting from the basics and ordered parts for this pedal. It seems straightforward enough, at least the partslist is....

However, a lot of files and pictures in this thread seem to be missing. Does anyone have a good and clear shot of the original print and perhaps of one of their builds? I want to draw things up in eagle and get a nice OSH park pcb. If all goes well, I'll be boulding four of them, three to give away to a few friends.

...But before we're there. Does anyone have a proper schematic or eagle file? One with the added gain-knob obviously :mrgreen:
zender

Postby jwhtn » 26 Jan 2017, 18:25

Hi, guys.

I threw one of these together on the breadboard and am noticing something funky -- If I've got my guitar volume at 0 or 10, everything seems normal (no sound at 0, glorious 386 drive at 10), but with the vol anywhere in between, I get a gnarly high squeal. You can hear the guitar under the squeal, and the gain seems to be lessened at lower levels -- in other words, it seems like it's doing what you'd expect, except for the nasty squeal that just remains constant regardless of what you're doing with the guitar. The sound is unaffected by the pedal's vol knob, aside from getting louder or quieter.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why it would only do it when the guitar's vol is somewhere in the middle -- something about the vol pot dumping some but not all of the signal to ground? Any ideas?
jwhtn

Postby azerty_guitar » 15 Mar 2017, 09:05

Hello !
I've write the schematic because the first link is offline ;) I share it, Simon
azerty_guitar

Postby Manfred » 15 Mar 2017, 21:46

Hello !
I've write the schematic because the first link is offline ;) I share it, Simon

Hi Simon

Could you attach the schematic in a larger version pease.
Manfred
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 246 times

Postby teddeeh » 16 May 2017, 15:55

Hello guys i have built 3 of the schematic over at http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/earthquaker-devices-acapulco-gold.html?m=0#comment-form
And i am getting the same results. Massivly loud and noisey but turns very very fuzzy the high the gain and or volume is turned. Traces and cuts are fine but its the chip im using a lm386 not a true jrc386d. Could this be the culprit??
teddeeh

Previous

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)