Need layout for Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi V6 (EH3034)

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
amonte
Information

Post by amonte »

Hoping somebody has this - could have sworn I saw this floating around years ago, but I've come up empty. I've got the V6 schematic but I need the parts layout to match the components to the schematic. This is the EH 3034 board.

This is a really interesting Muff. It sounds great but it seems to be low gain for a Big Muff (at least compared to my Swollen Pickle). It's also uncharacteristically bright. Comparing gut shots of this V6 to others, it appears that two of the caps are the wrong size, but I need the layout to confirm.

Thanks!

Manfred
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Manfred »

amonte wrote:Hoping somebody has this - could have sworn I saw this floating around years ago, but I've come up empty. I've got the V6 schematic but I need the parts layout to match the components to the schematic. This is the EH 3034 board.

This is a really interesting Muff. It sounds great but it seems to be low gain for a Big Muff (at least compared to my Swollen Pickle). It's also uncharacteristically bright. Comparing gut shots of this V6 to others, it appears that two of the caps are the wrong size, but I need the layout to confirm.

Thanks!
I checked V6 to V3 and found some swapped componet values as follows.

Tone bypass resistor: 150k -> 160k.
All pots: 100k -> 150k.
All transistors: MPSA18 -> 2N5088.

The circuit is still the same, so I guess the Layout is the same too.

amonte
Information

Post by amonte »

Thanks Manfred, but does V3 use the same EH3034 board? That's my main issue, checking the components on the PCB in my Big Muff I want to make sure that they are the right values against the schematic. So I need to match a specific part on the board to a specific part on the schematic.

nr372
Information

Post by nr372 »

What a weird coincidence that you posted this yesterday. I'd been looking into the tone bypass BMPs this week to find the differences between the V3 (3003 PCB) and V6 (EH3034 PCB).

Had no luck finding a trace of the EH3034 boards...so I went ahead and drew one. Color coded for easier reading!

If anyone finds mistakes, please let me know and I'll correct the drawing!
Attachments
Version 1.0
Version 1.0

amonte
Information

Post by amonte »

YOU ARE THE MAN. Thank you so much!

The more I play this thing the more I feel like something is way off. It's got a ton of mids, a ton of highs and not too much bass. It's basically the opposite of a muff.