Custom footswitch for TC Electronic Flashback X4 Delay pedal

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Custom footswitch for TC Electronic Flashback X4 Delay pedal

Postby some_math_guy » 22 Oct 2016, 23:14

I just sold my awesome TC Electronic Flashback delay pedal to buy the bigger Flashback X4 delay pedal, mainly because I wanted dedicated footswitches for the looper function which I use frequently in live situations.

I want to be able to use the looper functions, while having the ability to turn on/off the delay, without bending over and manually turning the Delay Level knob to minimum for DELAY OFF.

The manual says that any of the 3 delay parameters can be assigned to an expression pedal (ideally a 25k), including the Delay Level setting. I have done quite a few pedal mods, and I was thinking, what if I mounted a latching footswitch in a tiny pedal enclosure, where when the footswitch is ON the circuit passes through a 25K resistor, and when the footswitch is OFF the circuit is simply closed (ie. ~0 resistance). I think that this would give me the functionality I'm looking for.

Has anyone else tried this, or has a better method to use the looper while still being able to turn delay ON/OFF without physically turning the Delay Level knob or needing to have a large expression pedal on my board?

Thanks everybody!
Kevin
some_math_guy

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)