TC Electronic - Flashback X4 Delay pedal Custom footswitch

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
some_math_guy
Information

Post by some_math_guy »

I just sold my awesome TC Electronic Flashback delay pedal to buy the bigger Flashback X4 delay pedal, mainly because I wanted dedicated footswitches for the looper function which I use frequently in live situations.

I want to be able to use the looper functions, while having the ability to turn on/off the delay, without bending over and manually turning the Delay Level knob to minimum for DELAY OFF.

The manual says that any of the 3 delay parameters can be assigned to an expression pedal (ideally a 25k), including the Delay Level setting. I have done quite a few pedal mods, and I was thinking, what if I mounted a latching footswitch in a tiny pedal enclosure, where when the footswitch is ON the circuit passes through a 25K resistor, and when the footswitch is OFF the circuit is simply closed (ie. ~0 resistance). I think that this would give me the functionality I'm looking for.

Has anyone else tried this, or has a better method to use the looper while still being able to turn delay ON/OFF without physically turning the Delay Level knob or needing to have a large expression pedal on my board?

Thanks everybody!
Kevin