Diezel VH4 Pedal  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Re: Diezel VH4 Pedal

Postby psychepool » 20 Apr 2018, 09:12

I read all the contents and try to make my own layout. I have some questions that I need to confirm.

1. I want to run it through the 9v power supply for convenience.
I am going to get 9v and drive it by making bipolar doubler through 7660 or 1054.
What is worrisome is whether to supply 18v bioplar power or 12v bipolar power through a 12v regulator.
Is the 18v bipolar power source too much choice? Is it better to supply 12v through the regulator?

2. Are R28 and R34 100R or 1K?

3. There is a controversy about the tone stack in connection with the middle pot connection.
Is it correct to connect according to the current circuit diagram? Or is it just like connecting a vintage amp with a tone stack?

Thank you for always helping me to do happy DIY. please answer about my question.
psychepool

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby mnemonic » 21 May 2018, 22:27

I finally got around to building this pedal on Bugg's PCB. Great pcb as always, sounds great and works perfect.

I used the requisite TC1044SCPA and its silent, no switching noise.

pictures attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author mnemonic has received thanks:
sixthfloor (Yesterday, 15:24)
mnemonic

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby the_ungod » Today, 11:10

Does any one knows whats the point of the send? I understand that it may be a buffer if we dont make the pedal true bypass. But using a 3PDT does it make sense to include C3 and R4?!

Thanks
the_ungod

Have thanks: 7 times

Previous

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)