Danelectro - DJ-07 Milkshake Chorus

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
reddesert
Information

Post by reddesert »

The effect you've all been waiting for, soon to be the next big thing at TGP ...
A user on the madbean forum was interested in the architecture of this circuit and it turns out there are no good gut shots on the web, so I took some. Pictures follow.

As with all the Dano mini pedals, there are two PCBs. The "upper" (bottom when in the operating position) has three ICs, labeled TL072C, HEF4063BT or 4053?, and U324 4013 (14 pin) - a dual op-amp; probably a CMOS chip; and either a quad op-amp or more likely a CMOS flip-flop. The CMOS chip(s) are presumably the usual switching arrangement. The jacks are on the other side of this board, along with a capacitor and a diode.

The lower PCB is the effect guts. This has another TL072C, and a large SMD IC labeled CD2398S with 28 pins. I will bet a milkshake (actually several milkshakes) that this is a version of the PT2398 echo chip, a relative of the PT2399. The PT2398 datasheet I found has almost no specs, but supposedly it can do shorter delays than the PT2399. The pots are on the other side of this board.

I won't have time to trace this soon but if someone does, I can take it apart again and read off the values of the electrolytic caps.

reddesert
Information

Post by reddesert »

Pictures:
DSCF3069.JPG
DSCF3070.JPG
DSCF3071.JPG
DSCF3072.JPG

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »