Boss - OD20 and Fender Chorus competition series

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
Akman
Information

Post by Akman »

Hi guys,
I would like some assistance with a mod that will help bring out the lower frequencies, mid range/lower midrange which these two pedals seem to block. They both are a bit thin sounding. Does anyone know what parts I could change and what I can replace them with to bring out a fuller warmer tone and wider range range of frequencies that is already in my clean tone. These pedals kind of remind me of what DS1s and metal zones do to ones dry tone.
My chorus has a mix knob that I like to turn way up- unfortunately it starts to suck up all the natural low end.
Thanks so much I’m new

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

OD20 is a digital modelling effect: I think it probably has no parts you could change to alter the tone.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Akman
Information

Post by Akman »

Yep, I’m not talking about changing each digital preset.
The pedal itself has a seperate tone knob, level , Drive etc which you can adjust , so I’m sure one can adjust those knobs especially the tone dial to bring out more low end and midrange.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Can you save the tone setting alongside all the other parameters within the drive sound? Manual suggests you can. This makes me think the tone is manipulated within the digital domain cannot be globally altered by changing a couple of caps.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Akman
Information

Post by Akman »

Hmmm I’ll have to check that. But anyway with regards to my chorus pedal, there are theee knobs: depth, speed and mix. I like the mix knob cranked up but by doing so it thins the sound, removes lower natural frequencies and increases some gain and compression(tightens the sound) . What could I do to let in more bass warmth and natural openness?