Behringer US-600 schematic. Anyone?

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Behringer US-600 schematic. Anyone?

Postby why me » 23 Feb 2018, 01:05

Hi everyone!

My US-600 won't turn on and a friend who's an electronic engineer went as far as he could w/o the schematics.

I'd love to resuscitate this old pedal as a substitute will cost more than what I can afford at the moment.

If someone could point to the download of the schematic for a similar pedal based on the same eeprom (but programmed let's say to be a delay instead) I assume it would still work to diagnose the non-power situation with this pedal and it would save the life of a nice looking pedal.

I would be thankful for your input to bypass this malfunction. Your feedback will be very welcome and it will not be suppressed by any notch filter. If you take long in replying please do not apologize for the delay nor for the reverb as this is rather a pitch shifter harmonizer.

Regards!

Why me?
why me

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Behringer US-600 schematic. Anyone?

Postby why me » 25 Feb 2018, 03:27

133 views!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can anyone please put me in the right direction?
why me

Postby Dirk_Hendrik » 25 Feb 2018, 11:12

Let me give you first shot then ;-)
I do not know this pedal and I do not know what's inside. That makes it hard to start off directly. What I do know is that the "brothers" of this pedal are either based on a Coolaudio V1000 DSP (Example: DD400) or a Freescale DSP56364. I order to direct you further I'd like to know from you which of the 2 platforms your pedal is based on. Photo's of the pedals inside may help as well.

edit.
I could have used the search button..... It's the Freescale variant. Use the DD600 as referfence and let us knw if that does't work.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24958&p=263903&hilit=DD600#p263903
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com
Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 1010 times

Postby toneman » 26 Feb 2018, 03:37

hello whyme!
i have one of these pedals. I was gonna say just buy another, but, to my considerable surprise, they are out of production!!
I bought mine for $50bucks. Now, I see prices going up to $200bucks :shock:
Did U buy it used?
I'm wondering HOW your "engineer friend" actually checked out your nonworking unit(?)
Did he/she use a power supply, with correct polarity and voltage OR a 9v battery?
Did he/she use an amp/guitar with good cables?
Did he/she use a scope to track/trace the signal?
U said "won't turn on". Did u have a plug in the input jack? DOes the LED light up?
I just saw a used US600 on ebay for $20 + shipping.
These are neat little units. Guess they seem to be clones of a BOSS PS-5.
Maybe U can go thru the things that were done to test the unit??
Tone-to-the-Bone
toneman
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 19 times

Postby why me » 27 Feb 2018, 14:10

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:I could have used the search button..... It's the Freescale variant. Use the DD600 as referfence and let us knw if that does't work.

Thanks so much for that link!!! I just saw this today. i will forward the file to him. He's got a relative coming soon to stay at his house so he's really busy but I know he will be curious to check the schematics of this.

toneman wrote:I'm wondering HOW your "engineer friend" actually checked out your nonworking unit(?)

I couldn't tell you. I know very little of electronics. Yet I find all the steps you suggest in your post very helpful. We had no power despite the fact we were using the correct power supply/polarity.

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:I just saw a used US600 on ebay for $20 + shipping.

If it is the same i just saw iIt's going already for $26, has 3 days yet to go and has a few bidders after it.

toneman wrote:Did U buy it used?

I used to be a Behringer dealer. Closed shop in 2014. This was a return. The one setting I wish I had didn't have it which was a half step down/up to transpose the entire guitar a half step for certain songs.

For my specific current needs I went and ordered an Aroma AHAR-3 HARMONIZER Pitch shifter. It was the cheapest thing on e-bay. I've seen a few knock offs of this cheap pedal by different Chinese companies on ebay. i found a comment about the product on ebay by an user who bought it but was unhappy with the speed response of the conversion when it was set an octave down. I messaged him on ebay and asked him if he was still using it and if he would be willing to barter for strings, picks, a strap etc. He shipped yesterday and I did too.

I want it to play with a microphone at a party. Make unsuspecting people talk on the mic for an announcement and change their voice pitch. I've done it before and it is It is an instantaneous giggle maker but I want something smaller to play with.

I plan to fix the US-600 and try to get my money back if possible. Glad to hear these are selling at a good price point on ebay.

Incidentally, I'd love to get the schematics for a 333XL amp. Any ideas where to go as it isn't a stomp pedal?
Same with the schematics of how to make a tube preamp and maybe an analog to digital converter to send the signal via SPDIF. Could that project cost less than $100?
why me

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)