Dunlop - UV1 Univibe expression pedal

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
clapointe
Information

Post by clapointe »

Question for you guys :

I can't get my footcontroller to turn of the vibe effect , it will only ramp the speed up or down !!!! The Uni-Vibe footswitch with turn off the effect(Vibe sound) ! How do I know if it's the Uni-Vibe or the footcontroller at fault ?

blackbunny
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender Blackface
Completed builds: Lots of mods to lots of pedals

Post by blackbunny »

clapointe wrote:I can't get my footcontroller to turn of the vibe effect , it will only ramp the speed up or down !!!! The Uni-Vibe footswitch with turn off the effect(Vibe sound) ! How do I know if it's the Uni-Vibe or the footcontroller at fault ?
Firstly, check the stereo / TRS control lead that goes between the footcontroller and the UV-1 to make sure there are no shorts or bad connections.

Then test the microswitch inside the UV-1FC footcontroller that turns the effect on and off; for a quick test,
plug the stereo / TRS control lead into the jack socket on the footcontroller and measure the resistance from Sleeve (ground) to Ring.

When the pedal is all the way back (heel down) the resistance S-to-R should be infinity or at least 20meg,
with the pedal in any other position it should measure 100k.

If that checks out, try cleaning and re-soldering both the switching jacks (on the footcontroller and the Univibe unit.)

If that doesn't work, you can open up the footcontroller and test thoroughly using the schematic in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2911

GTK
Information

Post by GTK »

I know this is an ancient post, but I'm hoping to build an expression pedal for the UV-1 I've got. I just wanted to know if anyone had a photo of how the roller switch was positioned to activate and disengage the effect. Thanks for any help with this.