MUGIG Green Tube Shots

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

MUGIG Green Tube Shots

Postby Manfred » 30 Jul 2018, 12:23

Tube Screamer clone JRC4558D Chip.
Mugig Green Tube.jpg

Mugig Green Tube 1.jpg

Mugig Green Tube 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author Manfred has received thanks:
sixthfloor (30 Jul 2018, 14:03)
Manfred
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 505 times

Re: MUGIG Green Tube Shots

Postby maestun » 13 Aug 2018, 14:07

Yeah, bought one of these on sale for 4€ (!!!) and traced the circuit. Will try to upload it if I can find it.
Not really a TS clone, sounded a bit harsh to my ears, not mellow and warm as a good TS.
Too much mods needed to make it sound good for my ears, I ended removing the effect board" and putting my own TS clone inside.
Having a separate bypass and I/O board make those pedals a really cool modding platform (if you're lucky to find those at a low low price as I did :) )

For this message the author maestun has received thanks:
Manfred (13 Aug 2018, 16:12)
maestun

Have thanks: 5 times

Re: MUGIG Green Tube Shots

Postby Manfred » 13 Aug 2018, 16:24

maestun wrote:Yeah, bought one of these on sale for 4€ (!!!) and traced the circuit. Will try to upload it if I can find it.
Not really a TS clone, sounded a bit harsh to my ears, not mellow and warm as a good TS.
Too much mods needed to make it sound good for my ears, I ended removing the effect board" and putting my own TS clone inside.
Having a separate bypass and I/O board make those pedals a really cool modding platform (if you're lucky to find those at a low low price as I did :) )

I would very much appreciate it if you would post the traced schematic.
Manfred
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 505 times

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)