Mugig Hot Chilli shots

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
Manfred
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Manfred »

Crunch Distortion clone, LM833 chip.
Mugig Hot Chilli.jpg
Mugig Hot Chilli 1.jpg
Mugig Hot Chilli 2.jpg

maestun
Information

Post by maestun »

Same as the Green Tube, bought one of these on sale for 4€ (!!!) and traced the circuit.
Almost a 1:1 Crunch box clone, with maybe one or two resistor values that changed.
Pretty noisy pedal with high gain values, but sounds really cool and became my main distortion pedal, after modding it to a Crunch Box v2 clone.
Having a separate bypass and I/O board make those pedals a really cool modding platform (if you're lucky to find those at a low low price as I did :) )

Manfred
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Manfred »

maestun wrote:Same as the Green Tube, bought one of these on sale for 4€ (!!!) and traced the circuit.
Almost a 1:1 Crunch box clone, with maybe one or two resistor values that changed.
Pretty noisy pedal with high gain values, but sounds really cool and became my main distortion pedal, after modding it to a Crunch Box v2 clone.
Having a separate bypass and I/O board make those pedals a really cool modding platform (if you're lucky to find those at a low low price as I did :) )
I would very much appreciate it if you would post the traced schematic.