Ruby Fuzz schematic (Fuzz part only)

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
Schoppo
Information
my favorite amplifier: Soldano SLO
Completed builds: Many

Post by Schoppo »

Hello Fuzz Lovers,

Did some Work on the Red Witch Ruby Fuzz, which was initialised by pk1802 on this Thread:
https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... zz#p272505
I found this idea very fine with the Akku driven "to go fuzz" and finally bought one. Because it had a terrible sound (some scratchy crossoverdistortion/Digital distortion like),
I decided to open it up for modding it- Hard work- it took hours with magnifier-but at least...

Volume pot is right, don´t know why they wired it that way (was my first mod- twisting th legs of poti...)
The two Caps with question mark have no value print but i took in the two values of the FuzzGod input because it´s the simplified FG input section.
The trannys print is 1S its for the 2n2369A smd equivalent (see schemo)
the low output is selfexplaining: they just put in the standard fuzz face 470R above output on Collector 2, but with 10 times higher Rc and Re :hmmm: :scratch:
what means the output normally is attenuated instead (for example) 8200:470 is now about 82000:470 :slap:
What i like is dimming the fuzz with the variable bias resistor (R14) will try this in other Fuzzes
Second mod was puttting in a bigger emitter Cap of 22µF instead of the 1µF(the reason of the terrible sound)
The output cap was guess too but after killing it i put in 10nF sounded the same as before
Can only do some PDF with Target 3001, so its as Attachment.
Have Fun
Attachments
Ruby Fuzz_SCH.PDF
Exact Schem
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 182 times