EHX - Small Stone ( LM13600 )  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

http://www.pedalarea.com/images/eh_ss_usv3_02.jpg
http://www.pedalarea.com/images/eh_ss_usv3_03.jpg

this is from net, and perheps I can get that old one again to see.........analogguru-s schematic seem to be different from this PCB....speed pot is connected in different way..

boris
Attachments
eh_ss_usv3_02.jpg
eh_ss_usv3_03.jpg

orpheumlover
Information

Post by orpheumlover »

This thread is great! Boris, you beat me to the punch on posting the http://www.pedalarea.com/small_stone.htm site. Good for you!
So, correct me if I am wrong. You guys are trying to figure out the schematic for the "version 3" not the "version 2. issue J", right? The V2 issue J has been done to death. Personally, I am a more of a fan of the V3 than of the V2, issue J. I have the green Russian Sovtek version, which is so different in circuitry and sound that Electro Harmonix should have just changed the name all together! I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Kepp going guys...you'll get it!

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

borislavgajic wrote:wow....you have my respect for doing sush great PCB........great :thumbsup :hug:

http://www.pedalarea.com/images/eh_ss_usv3_02.jpg
http://www.pedalarea.com/images/eh_ss_usv3_03.jpg

this is from net, and perhaps I can get that old one again to see.........analogguru-s schematic seem to be different from this PCB....speed pot is connected in different way..
borislav
Thanks bro. You're always welcome. :wink:
I've seen that that schematic differs from the pcb so I've been puzzled. :hmmm:
Who will solve this one?
I just need couple of markings to fill and it's done. So anyone willing to fill these gaps?
:D

whosyourdaddy
Information

Post by whosyourdaddy »

Ok here are the caps values and also check some errors I've found.

:thumbsup
Attachments
orig_for_print.pdf
If someone wants to go with original version here is ready to print version.
(276.83 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
smallstone4.GIF

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

Well done man. :thumbsup Your layout looks ...well...very old style, almost original. You should just mark the corners so people could easier cut the board. I think we'll have a two boards for this one. Vintage style and modern style. :lol:
Thanks for the effort. I'll update mine very soon.
Cheers. :thumbsup

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

I hope this is the final one. :wink:
1-1.GIF
2-2.GIF
3-3.GIF

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

:hug: grrrreat great man!!!! :thumbsup
this should be added to completed projects list........

boris

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

borislavgajic wrote: this should be added to completed projects list........
Thanks. It should be, but not after some nice schematic redraw.
Here is pdf with pcb and layout but there's a empty space on the page for schematic. shame :cry:

Cheers :wink:
EHSmallStone_pcblay.pdf
(282.34 KiB) Downloaded 980 times

Bernardduur
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: Welagen - ODR

Post by Bernardduur »

Right now I have a Turkish Small Tone pedal in that is EXACTLY like this pedal!

It sounds awesome!
'No more....... loud music.......'
Follow my love for pedals and amps on https://bernardduur.blogspot.com and https://www.instagram.com/bernardduur1

Bernardduur
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: Welagen - ODR

Post by Bernardduur »

Bernardduur wrote:Right now I have a Turkish Small Tone pedal in that is EXACTLY like this pedal!

It sounds awesome!
Schematic
'No more....... loud music.......'
Follow my love for pedals and amps on https://bernardduur.blogspot.com and https://www.instagram.com/bernardduur1

himister
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by himister »

You are THE MAN of the Bernard-hour! :applause:
Cheers for this one. I already lost hope that someone will be eager enough and skilled to draw this one. I didn't have much time to draw myself and to be honest not even sure if the earlier posted schematic was accurate for this model.
I only wish you had post it couple of hours earlier so I could import it in pdf file.
Really good job and much oblige Mr.B :thumbsup

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

There is difference betveen schematic and layout....pot is wired differently....and some parts around it....! :thumbsup

so I guess I'll stick to PCB fabricated by himister :block:

boris

mocklie
Information

Post by mocklie »

Are there anyone trying to verify this? I built today but it didn't phase-shift. Only the tone shift to treblly thing and color switch turn that deeper or shallower. Rate pot not work. I think the suspicious parts is a 3n3 capacitor above middle 13600. Seeing the gut shot it may be 47n. Any suggestions?

Thx. :roll:

whosyourdaddy
Information

Post by whosyourdaddy »

Been there, done that, didn't work.
If it's any help, here is a layout by schematics:
Attachments
smallstone_layout.jpg

jmwreck
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by jmwreck »

HELLO, are there any updates on this? :D

orpheumlover
Information

Post by orpheumlover »

Hi,
I am working on my 13600 Small Stone right now to change a couple out of spec caps. I was looking at your picture and noticed the cap in the upper left corner was labelled .22uF, which is the same as the schematic. I thought that may have been one of the problems with mine as mine had a 1uF in place there. It goes between the switch and clock (LM324). I changed my 1uF (which only measured .78uF) to the specified .22uf and then plugged it in. It was motor boatting like crazy and the rate pot did little to control the speed. Guess I'm going to change it back to a 1uF!

Also, the 22uf cap 1/3 of the way down on the right labelled on your picture is a 33uF on mine and on the schematic. When I first got mine that was the cap that was open and the circuit wasn't doing anything. So I found a spare one from a old stereo and popped it in there. It's out of spec (measures 30.1uF) and I suspect this is the one I have to change to depeen the cycle to make it work correctly. If a 22uF is in there, I figure that the phase cycle would be pretty shallow. Is that labelled correctly?

Lastly, we both have a 10uF electrolytic cap next to the 33uF cap 3/4 of the way down o the right. The schematic labels the 10uF as a non electrolytic. Apparently the schematic is wrong.

Thanks,
orpheumlover

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

I wana do this pedal; if I sustitute the LM23600 with the brother LM23700 it will be diferent????? :hmmm: and if will be a faviour please draw the conections of the pot, IN , OUT and +9V and ground!!! please don forget me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

somebody made this already???

cheers

Boris

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

GodSaveMetal wrote:I wana do this pedal; if I sustitute the LM13600 with the brother LM13700 it will be diferent????? :hmmm: and if will be a faviour please draw the conections of the pot, IN , OUT and +9V and ground!!! please don forget me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:
Corrected my error of the IC´s, please it is posible the changes????

makrz
Information

Post by makrz »

Hello, my small stone works very well.
Attachments
1-1.GIF
1-1.GIF (284.13 KiB) Viewed 3999 times