Daphon - DF2210 Wah  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
Moonsun
Information
Completed builds: Ultralord, Sunface, Crimson Drive, modded Big Muff, Engineer's Thumb, Rat, Gator, Love Squeeze

Post by Moonsun »

Hello there from eternal lurker.
I received DF2100 as gift from one of my friends, it looks horrible inside )
Just for fun, I decided to make replacement PCB usin inductor from original.
Included mods:
- adjustable Q (onboard trimmer)
- mid control (1.8K instead 1.5K)
- adjustable output volume (onboard trimmer)
- frequency range switch (onboard DIP switch)

It works perfectly, here is the project and photo of the pedal.
And I like to say thank you to all active FSB members, you inspire me alot.
daphonb-a.jpg
Attachments
Daphon DF2210 replacement PCB.pdf
(151.85 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

Moonsun
Information
Completed builds: Ultralord, Sunface, Crimson Drive, modded Big Muff, Engineer's Thumb, Rat, Gator, Love Squeeze

Post by Moonsun »

Oh, and I forgot to say that I add output buffer too.

hozy31
Information

Post by hozy31 »

I bought one of these as my first wah pedal and was so unimpressed with it i built Madbeans Weener Wah with a red Fasel inductor which fitted perfectly and know its F******g awesome. Put the switches on the side which in hindsight wasn't very clever as there easy to catch on, but hey it still better than that pile of crap that was inside before.

juancarlos_gl98
Information

Post by juancarlos_gl98 »

Hi! does anybody know which parts must be changed in the pedal for a kinda metal sound? and how to add q, gain, bass and treble controls?

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

juancarlos_gl98 wrote:Hi! does anybody know which parts must be changed in the pedal for a kinda metal sound? and how to add q, gain, bass and treble controls?
Is your Google broken? :horsey:

This thing is a piece of cheap crap with a circuit similar to the original cry baby, and with all the faults of the cry baby. Perhaps you should try to learn some basic electronics and then you wouldn't embarrass yourself by asking stupid questions. :hmmm:
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

juancarlos_gl98
Information

Post by juancarlos_gl98 »

mictester wrote:
juancarlos_gl98 wrote:Hi! does anybody know which parts must be changed in the pedal for a kinda metal sound? and how to add q, gain, bass and treble controls?

This thing is a piece of cheap crap with a circuit similar to the original cry baby, and with all the faults of the cry baby. Perhaps you should try to learn some basic electronics and then you wouldn't embarrass yourself by asking stupid questions. :hmmm:
I will ask the stupid questions I'll want to ask. And if I make them, it's because I don't know anything about electronic, nor read the diagram, and I really don't care to know. I just want to know how to change the sound of this thing.

tube-exorcist
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by tube-exorcist »

juancarlos_gl98 wrote:
mictester wrote:

I will ask the stupid questions I'll want to ask. And if I make them, it's because I don't know anything about electronic, nor read the diagram, and I really don't care to know. I just want to know how to change the sound of this thing.
The best way to change the sound is to sell your junk or put it in the dumpster and buy another pedal.
"I've noticed there's an inverse relationship between cost of gear and talent. If you need the most expensive gear to get decent tones, then you suck as a player."

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

juancarlos_gl98 wrote: and I really don't care to know. I just want to know how to change the sound of this thing.
Cool. Cause we don't give a fuck about little lazy pricks with an attitude problem. :mrgreen: Goodby!
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com