Akai - Riff-O-Matic (U40)

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

I don´t know if this has been designed by Nicholas Boscorelli, but I found this on evilbay:
https://cgi.ebay.com/AKAI-PROFESSIIONAL ... dZViewItem

Now I have the question if this unit has MIDI too, so that even keyboarders can play with this Riff-O-Matic nice guitar-riffs on demand .... Aut-O-Matic...ally :wink: :roll: :lol:

"NOTE-GRABBER" seems also to be a nice feature....

But at least it gives room for new speculations about Nicholas Boscorelli:
There was a guy named David Cockerell who worked in the 70´s for EMS, later vor Electro-Harmonix. In 1986 Akai released the Cockerell designed S900-Sampler. In recent years David Cockerell again worked for EH e.g. with the new 16sec-Delay. Now we don´t know what Cockerell did in the late 90´s. Maybe he was writing a book and a magazine about Stompboxes under a pseudonym?
AKAI - Sampler - ...-O-Matic...... Cockerell - Boscorell :?: :roll:

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

alessandro
Information

Post by alessandro »

I've got a riff-o-matic and the only purpose of this "effect"is to sample a part of a solo from a tape or cd player and repeat it slow.The note grabber is a function that let you know what note exactly is playing the artist in the moment that you stop, by repeating it continously.You can change the pitch and there's no midi input or output but only a line input, a output and a little pot for gain control!This unit can be substituted by a normal PC, so it's only a little toy that take space in my lab! CIAO

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Thanks for the info !!!

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.