BOSS DD2 or DD3 mods for tape echo sound

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
sterence
Information

Post by sterence »

I also have a DD-3c. tried .47 cap on 1 and 3 lug of the Feedback pot. No Good. is there away to do the "analog mod" of these pedals? Maybe something of the board rather than the feedback pot? Like some have done to the DD-6:

http://tonehack.blogspot.com/2012/02/bo ... t-mod.html

I just want some sweet slapback without having to buy a new pedal.

Thanks

AnjiN
Information

Post by AnjiN »

Dominik1986 wrote:Really cool, guess I should get a DD-2 to perform the Mod :)
Just curious what Pete Cornish is doing in his TES. Like the Delay Timex4 Switch and the Bandwidth Selector. Would be interesting :)

Sorry for reactivating this... hm.. let's call 'old thread', but I can't resist! :lol:

I recently bough a DD-2, and I gonna try this baja's fantastic mod!

But my question is: does anyone have idea about how to perform this bandwich mod selector, like Cornish's T.E.S.?

Many Thanks!

Andy2No
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Andy2No »

AnjiN wrote:
Dominik1986 wrote:Sorry for reactivating this... hm.. let's call 'old thread', but I can't resist! :lol:
Don't be sorry.

I'm sorry I wasn't aware of your post. IMIHO, there are no old threads, and there is no old music - only old musicians.

As Arlo Guthrie famously said "One big pile is better than lots of little piles".

Opinions differ, and caveats may need to be added, but on the whole, I'm in agreement - so long as the pile is a pile of adequately related things - like, say, guitar cables, or tins of food.

Such piles often benefit from being sub-divided into smaller, more specific piles, but you can take that too far, making it actually harder to find what you were looking for, and needing to use a lot more storage space, for what could have been, just one big pile.

The pile, as has been noted by several worthy philosophers and engineers, is the most space efficient storage method known to man. It does, however, suffer from certain deficiencies in terms of specific object retrieval, whereas the shelf system of storage, for example, is less space efficient, but used with some thought, can be better in terms of being able to find the thing you were actually looking for.

Closing thought - why do cables mostly have to be black? Is it is a fashion statement?

If they were normally sold in all colours of the rainbow (maybe black and white as an option for traditionalists too), it would take me at least 1/6 to 1/7 of the time to find the right [REDACTED] one - I know which one it is - but it's a black one :slap: