Mooer Trelicopter volume increase

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.

Mooer Trelicopter volume increase

Postby sjturbo » 19 Jan 2014, 02:06

When I first got the Trelicopter I really liked it. I now realize that it has a volume increase when engaged (I would prefer no increase or decrease). Does any one know how to manipulate the volume by changing any components?
sjturbo
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Mooer Trelicopter volume increase

Postby biliousfrog » 21 Jan 2014, 11:02

I would suspect that it is entirely SMD so modding it won't be easy/worth the hassle. The volume increase is probably to counteract the perceived volume drop that tremolo pedals give - if you haven't already, make sure to test it in a full band situation to see whether the increase is noticeable with all the other sounds and frequencies bouncing around, usually a tremolo pedal at unity gain will sound much quieter.
biliousfrog
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 10 times

Postby sjturbo » 21 Jan 2014, 20:04

Thanks for the reply! It is likely smd and I knew it was a long shot. That's what I get for being miserly.
sjturbo
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby modman » 30 Dec 2017, 01:00

sjturbo wrote:Thanks for the reply! It is likely smd and I knew it was a long shot. That's what I get for being miserly.

Could you please at least open it up and share some gutshots to get at least an idea of what's going on?
It's likely a clone of an existing circuit.
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
modman
a d m i n

Have thanks: 519 times

Return to Pimp-My-Cheap-Pedal