Mooer Trelicopter volume increase

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
sjturbo
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sjturbo »

When I first got the Trelicopter I really liked it. I now realize that it has a volume increase when engaged (I would prefer no increase or decrease). Does any one know how to manipulate the volume by changing any components?

biliousfrog
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Zen Drive, Fuzz Factory, Really Cheap Compressor, D*A*M 66, Klon Buffer, CryBaby mods, Boss TR2 mods, Various loops and switchers, DOD250, Fulltone Bass Drive, MXR Bluebox mods

Post by biliousfrog »

I would suspect that it is entirely SMD so modding it won't be easy/worth the hassle. The volume increase is probably to counteract the perceived volume drop that tremolo pedals give - if you haven't already, make sure to test it in a full band situation to see whether the increase is noticeable with all the other sounds and frequencies bouncing around, usually a tremolo pedal at unity gain will sound much quieter.

sjturbo
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sjturbo »

Thanks for the reply! It is likely smd and I knew it was a long shot. That's what I get for being miserly.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

sjturbo wrote:Thanks for the reply! It is likely smd and I knew it was a long shot. That's what I get for being miserly.
Could you please at least open it up and share some gutshots to get at least an idea of what's going on?
It's likely a clone of an existing circuit.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal