Joyo - JF-14 Speaker simulator bypass

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
userpatch
Information

Post by userpatch »

Hello all,

I found an old post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13545 in wich a Joyo speaker sim bypass was discussed. The problem i encoutered (beside pcb soldering :lol: ), my JF14 appears to have a different layout............ :roll:
DSCF0321.JPG
Does anyone have a clue how to achieve a speaker sim bypass on this pcb board?

Ripdivot
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Ripdivot »

I showed how to do the speaker sym bypass for your PCB on page 2 of the thread you posted the link to. Your photo looks just like the board I modded.

userpatch
Information

Post by userpatch »

I looked at a pdf in a earlier post in this thread :slap: .
Many thx for your answer and effort!, and i apologize for my endless stupidity........ :oops:...........

calan
Information

Post by calan »

I've seen a several images showing the mod to bypass the cab sim in the Joyo American Sound...but some of them have the bypass tieing into the top side of R24, and others on the bottom side. One also shows a 3.3K resistor in series with the mod and level pot (I assume to lower the volume when bypassed).

What is R24, and what side should the bypass be tied into?

daniloberserk
Information

Post by daniloberserk »

Hi! Does anyone knows how to do the same mod with an JF-15? I couldn't find anywhere, I opened mine and it seem quite different, also my PCB seems to be from 2010... I just like to add an DPDT switch to easily turn on and off the cab sim. Thanks in advance!

GAMELORD
Information

Post by GAMELORD »

can someone share the pics of the wiring needed to perform the amp sim switch mod thanks!

Mathis
Information

Post by Mathis »

calan wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 04:04 I've seen a several images showing the mod to bypass the cab sim in the Joyo American Sound...but some of them have the bypass tieing into the top side of R24, and others on the bottom side. One also shows a 3.3K resistor in series with the mod and level pot (I assume to lower the volume when bypassed).

Does the mod in the first picture work with the JF-13 (Ac Tone)?

Mathis
Information

Post by Mathis »

calan wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 04:04 I've seen a several images showing the mod to bypass the cab sim in the Joyo American Sound...but some of them have the bypass tieing into the top side of R24, and others on the bottom side. One also shows a 3.3K resistor in series with the mod and level pot (I assume to lower the volume when bypassed).

I tried it with the top terminal and it worked. I didn’t even need an additional resistor.