Could someone please give me a hand modding my OC2?

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
RJ64
Information

Post by RJ64 »

Hi Modders!

I may have jumped in at the deep end this time.
I have little electronics experience, and have never modded before, but I'm on break from university for a month at the moment, so I figured now would be the best time to try my hand at modding my Boss OC2.

The plan is to do 3 things.
1. Make it True Bypass.
2. Add the Synth Mod. ()
3. Rehouse it.

Up to this point, I have all the components that I need (I think) and I've marked where to drill on the enclosure. I've attached some pictures for reference.

Would the easiest way to make it true bypass be to just throw a 3pdt switch over the whole circuit, and set the original switch to 'on'?

This might be a long shot, but could anyone give me a hand here and walk me through the process? It would be greatly appreciated, and I can work out a small payment once it is done, if necessary.

The main things that are confusing me right off the back are - why does the input jack have so many more wires than the output jack? Is it for grounding?

If I use a 3pdt switch over the whole circuit, how can I get the LED working with the 3pdt instead of the original switch. (If still attached to the original switch, it would always be on.)

Thanks!
Joel
Attachments
Lots of wires on the output jack.jpg
OC2 Circuit.jpg
9V DC Jack.jpg
Parts in the right spot.jpg