Mars Noise Gate Fuzz -EH Graphic Fuzz Clone-

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
Vulturefuzz
Information

Post by Vulturefuzz »

New to the Forum but not to building/modding. I picked up a Mars Fuzz Noise Gate basically a EH Graphic Fuzz clone.

Pretty great pedal with a lot of versatility. Bypassed circuit pretty sweet EQ, but it really shines in its overdrive. As many have already spoke of this is not a fuzz, but more of a overdriven distortion.

My searches on its circuit turned up zero.

I figured I post some pics for documentation purpose of its guts and a mod I decided on. And to offer up the info to others if they find one these.

Pics to follow soon.

Thanks

Vulturefuzz
Information

Post by Vulturefuzz »

40V. run circuit

Lower left corner this is the diode clipping circuit I removed the one for tests, looks like they are both standard 1N4148's. The op amp codes have all been sanded off I'm guessing for lawsuit purposes. Looking at the EH schem they are probabaly 4558's. In the process of playing around with switching out the diode with various LED's to open the tone on this as it is a bit compressed for my taste.

2200uf 16v cap off the slider sustain and opamp pin.

Vulturefuzz
Information

Post by Vulturefuzz »

After some tweaking, ended up throwing the original diode on a DPDT switch in parallel with a 1N34A with a switchable bright red small LED.

LED really retains the original clipping on this, but opens it up nicely. The added 1N34A adds a little more fuzz to the tone without worrying about any biasing issue.

Fantastic versatile clone at a third of of the price than a graphic fuzz