Arion SFL-1 (Current Model) Modding

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
FloPoeKo
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Reckmeyer-Modded Mesa Lonestar Classic

Post by FloPoeKo »

Hi everyone,

I´m currently working on a Arion SFL-1 (MN3207) and I also have a vintage MIJ (MN3204). Unfortunately I don´t have a schematic. Anyone?

Besides I have a first Question:
I was experimenting with MN3206 (128 Stages), MN3209 (256 Stages), MN3204 (512 Stages) and MN3207 (1024 Stages).
So far like the 256 Stages for Flanging and the 512 Stages for more chorus type sounds.
My Idea was to have two MN3209 on a daughterboard with the option to switch off one of them so I can switch between 256 (My current favorite, but starting from 82pF on the Clock-Timer the noise floor becomes undesirable for serious use in Chorus-Mode) and 512 Stages (Allows for more chorus type sounds without too much noise from clocking the MN3201 to slow but the flanging is too weird).

I found an adaption for doubling the delay time in Ibanez Delays by fellow solder hand Dirk Hendrik which I attached. Could this somehow be adapted to my needs?
Attachments
ibanez_ad9_BBD Doubling Delay Time.pdf
(8.07 KiB) Downloaded 131 times