Berhinger Vintage time machine true bypass mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
VAMBO
Information

Post by VAMBO »

Hello,

I know this has been discussed on here before but Im desperate for help here. Total noob with pedal mods but very good with a soldering iron! Would really like to use this pedal on my board but cant cope with the tone sucking. can anyone give me a full retards guide to wiring in the bypass switch? I have the switch at the ready.

Big thanks in advance

VAMBO
Information

Post by VAMBO »

Bump

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

A simple search found this,,,
https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... 1&start=60
schematic on that page.
Without a close up of the inside I can't give you a blow by blow description of what to cut. Maybe post some pics :thumbsup
Cheers, Phil.

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

Assuming the schematic I mentioned is correct then here is a possible solution for true bypass,, but you will loose the LED indicator.

The red X's are wire cuts, but up to you to establish which wires are correct. :scratch:
With a bit of thought you can probably use those existing wires to re route the signal, Also think about which ends to cut.

The Bypass position (Orange wire) can be done by just a short bridge wire across the terminals of the switch.
Hope it helps,, Phil.
Attachments
VTMtrue bypassmod.jpg