ProCo Roadkill / Brat

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
Oqsy
Information

Post by Oqsy »

I have 2 questions.

1. Which tabs on this jack should be attached to which traces on the output on the right side of the pcb? Old output jack was cracked. I have attached photos of both sides of PCB (component side is L-R inverted). The schematic I've found for this pedal makes no sense, and I don't have the best setup for testing as I go (no amplifier near bench). The old jack was a 6 pin pcb mount plastic thing, but I'd rather wire in the jack i already have.

2. I have read many places that the Brat/Roadkill is very similar to a Rat except the feedback loop of 4 diodes (top right I believe). Could a pot be inserted before these diodes to allow you to "blend" in or out the feedback loop all the way to zero, giving you a gain quality from Rat -> Roadkill? I know I can drill the hole and add in the needed part(s), but I am not sure I am up to snuff on my theory to predict the behavior of this change.

Thanks in advance to everyone!
Attachments
1/4" Jack
1/4" Jack
Roadkill1
Roadkill1
Roadkill2
Roadkill2

Oqsy
Information

Post by Oqsy »

Zoomed in and traced the area for possible potentiometer (or switch) insertion.
Attachments
Feedback loop detail
Feedback loop detail
IMG_8918.JPG (22.68 KiB) Viewed 997 times

Oqsy
Information

Post by Oqsy »

Can't find the edit button on this forum. Scratch #1 off the list. It was a tight fit but I got the jack replaced with the much nicer handwired piece and realized I was misreading where the black wire to - was soldered in, realized which trace led directly to it and have it up and running.

#2 is still something I'd like to pursue if anyone knows how feedback "blend" circuits work.

Thanks and sorry about bugging the board about the goof spotting the output jack ground trace.