Boss HM-2 Boneshaker Mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
EddieTavares
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: marshall

Post by EddieTavares »

HM-2 Boneshaker Mod.png
Guys, this is a mod that I did in my boss HM-2 based in schematic listed in other topic off fsb. It isn't intend to be a exactly copy of the DOD Boneshaker as I intend to keep the same quantity of controls. Pay attention about the mosfet pinout, you have to rearrange the pins.

I set the eq section I changed the bass to 103 hz and treble to 9.5 khz both acts at approximately 2/3 of octave, It works very good in my set.

This is the topic abou the DOD Boneshaker:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28258&hilit=boneshaker

If you want to change the frequences in the eq sections use this link:
http://www.muzique.com/lab/gyrator.htm

Finally I get satisfied with this pedal!!!

bmxguitarsbmx
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by bmxguitarsbmx »

Am I understanding correctly that you are modding a rare and expensive pedal to sound like a common and cheap pedal?

EddieTavares
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: marshall

Post by EddieTavares »

bmxguitarsbmx

Imho this is the worst distortion pedal that I have heard, a friend gave-me. Mine is a Brazilian version build in the 80's when Rolland had a factory here.The Oliver HM-20 is one of the chapeastes used pedals to purchase in Brazil about R$ 80 equivalent to 20 dollars, in addiction there is a bunch of clones.

bmxguitarsbmx
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by bmxguitarsbmx »

Haha. Yes! I agree. I was an amp tech for nine years and would always get hm-2's in for repair that were totally fine. Seemed like they were broken, but no. I ended up with a few donated to me which I ended up selling for $200/each. Some people sound great with them. Some people get killer tones with them. Some people use them on bass and the results are surprisingly good. Not judging you, but they are super rare. You could probably make some cash exporting those HM-2's.