Behringer Super Fuzz

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.

Behringer Super Fuzz

Postby bw13 » 24 Jul 2019, 17:55

Hello everyone ! new guy here

so i'm about to order behringer super fuzz, but before i do that i wanna buy 3pdt switch for true bypass

and the new enclosure not to look like a toybox

i'm familiar with soldering but i never done whole true bypass thing

so can you guys guide me ? how can i do it and have you ever done it to this particular pedal

cuz i can replicate it visually , otherwise i'm noob

bw13

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Behringer Super Fuzz

Postby thetragichero » 25 Jul 2019, 00:27

I've done their hm300 which is quite a bit easier than the super fuzz because it doesn't have the board-mounted switch. i didn't bother making it true bypass because a buffer here and there is okay in my book (18 buffers... not so much), so i just replaced their momentary switch with a soft touch momentary switch. i kept the board-mounted pots on, drilled a hole big enough so that the shafts could poke through and they're held in place by the knobs. had to use a regular jack instead of the stock board-mounted one. used the board-mounted jacks, unsoldered them to get the board in the box, then resoldered to hold it in place.

i'd like to caution again against going the true bypass route, as the board-mounted jacks (which you'd do away with going true bypass) provide a lot of stability to the board inside the box. big pain in the ass, little reward
thetragichero

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby bw13 » 29 Jul 2019, 11:20

i could change slide switch with toggle

https://reverb.com/item/17194958-clone- ... rue-bypass

like this i guess , but i don't wanna pay 100$ more for this 20$ mod
bw13

Postby bw13 » 29 Jul 2019, 12:33

by the way if i'll need to buy input and output jacks ... should it be mono or stereo ?
bw13

Postby thetragichero » 29 Jul 2019, 14:16

uses a stereo jack to disconnect power when nothing is plugged into the input. if you care about this, use one. i always power from supply so i'd use mono jacks, or really whatever i had handy
if you're going for new jacks, give consideration to how the board will stay mounted in the enclosure. maybe standoffs?
thetragichero

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby bw13 » 01 Aug 2019, 20:15

i think with 3 screws from the top of enclosure, you see the link i posted up is mounted with alfa pots and 1 screw but pcb has 3 holes for screws

bw13

Return to Pimp-My-Cheap-Pedal