Boss DD-6 Hi-Cut mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
modmod
Information

Post by modmod »

StratWiz wrote:Are there such points on the DD-3 SMD board that may be used to apply the hi cut mod in an elegant way?
Thanks,
SW
The Baja Tape echo mod is applicable to boss dd3 with smd. Just follw the signal path in level and feedback controls add 104 cap in level,replace 1uf to 103 in feedback control. Follw the lug 2 of level control there is a smd resistor 333 replace it with 10K.

neilbunker
Information

Post by neilbunker »

StratWiz wrote:Are there such points on the DD-3 SMD board that may be used to apply the hi cut mod in an elegant way?
Thanks,
SW

There are similar points on the DD-3 SMD board, and they are much easier to find thanks to the readily available schematic, just find the point in the schematic where you want to insert caps and see if there is a test point. However, the holes which serve as test points are smaller than the holes on the DD-6, I have not had much success inserting wire through the holes on the DD-3. Perhaps if you had some thinner wire it would be easier. Just be careful not to damage the board.

On the SMD DD-3s I have worked on I attached wires to the pot lugs rather than to the board. This will give you shorter wire runs anyway. The only reason I connected to the board on the DD-6 is because the pots themselves do not handle the delay signals.

abichango
Information

Post by abichango »

ansil wrote:on my dd 5 just a cap ob the feedback pot worked on mine. I found my dd5 again. not sure on the 6 though
So the cap mode on the feedback pot works as the hi cut mode?? or like the tape echo mod?? on the dd3 te cap on the feedback pot its supposed to be a tape echo mod...

ansil
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: my hughes and kettner blue 30r
Completed builds: 3 jcm 800 builds
4 vintage plexi builds
2 bogner ecstasy preamps [both for personal use]
10 marshall guvnor mods and builds
100 jungle kat boosts
too many penguin love's to count.
5 blues pearl purplexed
dozen tube screamer fulldrive whatever you call them variants

hell i can't type this long it will piss off people what can i say i have been doing mods on toyz appliances gear sex toyz computers and such for 27 years. i started when i was 6 taking stuff apart.

Post by ansil »

Yeah o an unsure now on the value.if I open up my new one I will see. However after using my dd3 I found it's better for me to just to use it for smooth analog sounding delays and use the dd5 for clean pristine repeats and well crazy reverse sounds

Beedoola
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Beedoola »

does this work for the DD-5? I've been trying to find info as to how Analog Man does it but with no luck.

ryanuk
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by ryanuk »

Bumping this really old thread.
Has anyone managed to source a copy of the dd-6 service notes.
I bought one recently that's dead. And now realise I can't find a schematic anywhere