Biyang Tremolo TR8 Volume Mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
onsonsons
Information

Post by onsonsons »

the biyang tremolo or the fame stutterer tremolo is equivalent to the boss tr-2 but has got true bypass instead of buffered output. too bad the volume of the effect is not loud enough.

no problem, just replace R6 (10K) with a lower value or solder on the backside of the pcb another resistor parallel to R6. i used a 5,6K resistor parallel to R6. now the pedal is much more useable.

have fun. you can't go wrong with this pedal. :secret: BEST BANG FOR BUCKS!!
Attachments
P4020788.JPG
P4020805.JPG

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Good to know :) Thank you :thumbsup

iconica
Information

Post by iconica »

The GFS has the Same problem...Better built than Biyang though...You can apply the same mod to GFS Tremolo too...The only withdrawal is the micro components on it

jpistolas
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie DC-5

Post by jpistolas »

I have the newer Biyang TR-12 "Classic Series" which aside of cosmetics seems to be the exact same pedal. Could I simply replace the 10k resistor with a 10k trimpot? If so what type pot would be best to use. I would want to turn the pot clockwise for more volume.

Aside of the perceived volume drop this is fantastic pedal, especially for it's stupid cheap price.

Also, is there an easy way to preform the Boss TR-2 Led rate mod to this pedal with the existing power Led. Granted, as bright as it is it could cause seizures.

jpistolas
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie DC-5

Post by jpistolas »

Just curious but would removing the resistor make the pedal too loud and would it need a jumper?

edwinbass
Information

Post by edwinbass »

Does anybody have a schematic for this Biyang TR-8 ?