Musicians Friend False Sale 66% off

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
platinum321
Information

Post by platinum321 »

Got an e-mail form musicians friend saying up to 66% off.

Checked it out and guess what. Some of the stuff listed is the same price they had before the sale and listed on other sites and in local retail stores for the same price.

A good example of this is the fender champion 600

I sent them an e-mail that posed this to them:

I looked at some of your products listed in the sale and saw the fender champ 600 listed. I notice that it is not on sale even though it is listed as on sale this is the same price listed before the sale and the same price in retail shops and online shops all over. This is false advertising. I was going to purchase it but have no reason to from you folks as your sale is obviously a false marketing ploy.

I noticed the same thing with many other products listed in your supposed sale.

Do you folks have an explanation as to why you are falsely advertising a sale? This will be great fodder on the multitude of music forums online.

I hope you address this issue by adjusting prices to reflect the "sale" of the items you know not to have actually changed in price.

We (music forums) will be following this with great interest.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Jonathan Hall

Will let you folks know if they even send a response which I think very doudtfull but who knows.

Jay
Information

Post by Jay »

I noticed that myself. There is a tube preamp I bought a few months back for $29.99, they now show it on sale for that same price but they say you save $40, original price $69.99.
Thats just wrong

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Musician's Friend or Foe? :twisted:
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal