Honey Bee Overdrive CLONE for sale

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

I have a Honey Bee clone for sale, I just don't use it enough. I built this for myself not as a commercial clone. $100 plus shipping email me at fender686@yahoo.com I am located in Virginia, USA

BJF
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by BJF »

Hi

Cool while I am less thrilled by the beige- just happens not to be my kind of colour
You know for the Bearfoot version we had to get this Motorcycle painter to do the shade and he said the shade was Pagan Gold and tell you what I never knew for so many years just mixing the shade.

The question to what is inside I thought answered with a bee flying over honey

OK just pulling your leg a bit and so have fun

At your service
BJ
Designer of BJF Honey Bee

monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

Hi Bjorn thanks for the reply!

I built a modified version of your Snow White wah with a few little mods here and there, and this is for personal use only, I will never sell it, it's an incredible circuit. I called it the "Player White Wah" I got a little bit faster attack with a diode swap and a variable envelope speed from fast to slow with a switch between two timing caps. One of my favorite auto wah circuits I have ever heard. I find it to be more musical than the Meatball circuit for general purposes, and easier to dial in. Although the meatball makes a mighty fine #2. I feel spoiled here with my DIY builds. They are not worth anything to anyone but me but that makes them even more special.

My favorite pedals though are from other boutique builders, just someone else's hand on the build and then to me to use. Unfortunately I only have a few of those because of the cost. But my greatest respect goes to the custom builders of the world. I have been lucky enough to build a few custom pedals on commission for friends of mine, and that feels good too, to be able to give that experience to someone else rather than an off the shelf factory effect from a big box store. I've also designed a few of my own circuits, but I'm far from a boutique operation at this point. I have enough to start but I don't have the guts to go for it. I'm more of a musician I guess is the way I've decided with my time. Pedals are so inspiring though.

BJF
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by BJF »

monkeyxx wrote:Hi Bjorn thanks for the reply!

I built a modified version of your Snow White wah with a few little mods here and there, and this is for personal use only, I will never sell it, it's an incredible circuit. I called it the "Player White Wah" I got a little bit faster attack with a diode swap and a variable envelope speed from fast to slow with a switch between two timing caps. One of my favorite auto wah circuits I have ever heard. I find it to be more musical than the Meatball circuit for general purposes, and easier to dial in. Although the meatball makes a mighty fine #2. I feel spoiled here with my DIY builds. They are not worth anything to anyone but me but that makes them even more special.

My favorite pedals though are from other boutique builders, just someone else's hand on the build and then to me to use. Unfortunately I only have a few of those because of the cost. But my greatest respect goes to the custom builders of the world. I have been lucky enough to build a few custom pedals on commission for friends of mine, and that feels good too, to be able to give that experience to someone else rather than an off the shelf factory effect from a big box store. I've also designed a few of my own circuits, but I'm far from a boutique operation at this point. I have enough to start but I don't have the guts to go for it. I'm more of a musician I guess is the way I've decided with my time. Pedals are so inspiring though.
Hi,

Yea you know

and I'd say like the Beatles it's all good ;)

I am a musician at heart too so I feel that so be well
You know I'd always support your own circuits and really I don't mind you'd selling a clone to a friend but I would if you'd make a business out of it and I'll leave it at that

Have fun and at your sincere service
BJ