Nobel Sound Studio 1-X

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: MOTS Magnatone & Trainwreck
Completed builds: Tonebender Mk II w/ 3 OC75's, Burns BuzzAround w/NKT 275,Rangemaster w/ OC44, Fuzz Face w/ SKS363's, CJOD, Harmonic Percolator w/2N404A & 2N3635(vintage correct box,sliding pots, 1%glass resistors),Stack-O-Dimes & Whipple Wahs,

Post by noelgrassy »

What's this "sterile" box do anyway? I'm not familiar with Nobel produx except from the few schemas I've seen in the DIY community. The link is here-----------------------http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Guitar-Nobel-Soun ... dZViewItem "Selling for Dad"...I wonder if Dad's gonna sell his Burns Buzz Around later... :wink:
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Maybe this:

Nobels SST-1X picture

can give you a better impression that the SST-1X is a competitor/derivate of the Tom Scholz Rockman units.

The SST-1X includes:

Overdrive/Distortion
Compresssor
Noise Gate
Semi-Parametric EQ
Stereo Chorus
Analog Reverb (MN 3011)
Tuning Tone (440Hz)
Headphone Amplifier

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: MOTS Magnatone & Trainwreck
Completed builds: Tonebender Mk II w/ 3 OC75's, Burns BuzzAround w/NKT 275,Rangemaster w/ OC44, Fuzz Face w/ SKS363's, CJOD, Harmonic Percolator w/2N404A & 2N3635(vintage correct box,sliding pots, 1%glass resistors),Stack-O-Dimes & Whipple Wahs,

Post by noelgrassy »

Thanks AG, so it's mostly for headphones or the musician that trys to convince the engineer to let him DI into the desk, because "that's his tone"? I thought the Scholz thing stunk pretty bad if you weren't going for that "More than a Feeling" vibe. AG, do you have any idea what the two guitarists from Badfinger used to get their sound? I'd presume it was the essential gear[Les Pauls & Marshalls] of that time and a whole lot of the mixing desk and Abbey Road[?] engineers. Nevertheless, theirs was a signature tone that would be "fresh" all over again.IMO
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office

Redhouse
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Redhouse »

noelgrassy wrote:Thanks AG, so it's mostly for headphones or the musician that trys to convince the engineer to let him DI into the desk, because "that's his tone"? I thought the Scholz thing stunk pretty bad if you weren't going for that "More than a Feeling" vibe. AG, do you have any idea what the two guitarists from Badfinger used to get their sound? I'd presume it was the essential gear[Les Pauls & Marshalls] of that time and a whole lot of the mixing desk and Abbey Road[?] engineers. Nevertheless, theirs was a signature tone that would be "fresh" all over again.IMO
Dunno what they really used, but they liked to lip-sync with SG's and Fenders:

and SG's and Orange's: