FS: PCBs of classic circuits, made for 1590B, $5 ea.

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
aion
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by aion »

In a couple of weeks I'm going to start selling PCB projects from my website, aionelectronics.com. They all fit in a 1590B with board-mounted pots and a top-mounted DC jack. The layouts are designed to be as flexible as possible, so you can build the core circuit or pretty much any variant that is based off of it, including Very Expensive™ stuff.

The order for the finalized PCBs has been placed, but I have prototype versions of most of them that differ slightly from the final version that I want to offer for sale here for $5 each. Shipping is a flat $2 per order ($5 international), so if you want just one it's $7 and if you buy five it's $27. PM me with what you want and I can send you the total and my PayPal address.

Full PDF documentation is available from the links, and the description listed here is to describe how the prototype PCB is different from what you'll see in the documentation.

Boss FA-1 FET Amp (11 available): No option for dual opamp experimentation (it requires 2x HA1457W like the original).

TS-9 Tube Screamer (18 available): Same circuit, just missing the "buffer bypass" jumper pads for convenience.

Maxon OD-820 Professional Overdrive (11 available): Pads 1 and 3 for the "Blend" half of the Drive control are reversed, so for the second (bottom) set of pads on the dual pot, you'll have to connect lug 1 to pad 3 and lug 3 to pad 1. The 220uF capacitors are a tight fit (but they'll work) - maybe use 100uF instead or put one on the underside of the board. (I left one of them off and it was still dead quiet.)

Ibanez OD-855 Overdrive II (9 available): Lug 1 of the volume pot is mistakenly connected to Vref instead of ground. It's easiest to just use a non-PCB-mount pot and piggyback lug 1 off a nearby ground connection, such as C13 or D5. The other two PCB mount pots and the switch will keep the PCB sturdily mounted. Or use a PCB mount pot, but snip off most of lug 1 and solder a wire to it (this is what I did).

Big Muff Pi (11 available): In the final version, one extra pad has been added to each diode (4 instead of 3) to allow two diodes to be stacked. This version is missing that, but otherwise is identical.

RAT (11 available): No differences

aion
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by aion »

Quantity update:

OD-820: 2 left
OD-855: 3 left
Boss FA-1: 4 left
RAT: 6 left
BMP: 7 left
TS-9: 15 left