FS: Shin-ei Fuzz Wah (8tr, 1970s)

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
andrej
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vox AC30
Completed builds: Zvex Woolly Mammoth
Boss DS-2 mod
Vox AC4
Crowther Hotcake (and own variations)
TS-808
Big Muff Russian
Big Muff IC
Superfuzz
Superfuzz
Big Muff
Mixer/Blend
various other stuff

Post by andrej »

I'm saving up for my Gonich demo build and I'd rather just sell stuff I have than beg for money online. I'd love to sell it here, rather than evilbay.
It's located in Montenegro (Europe). Paypal only. The shipping is an extra 20eur to Europe, 33eur to USA.

Price: 180eur
Imgur album:

A rare 70s Shin-ei Fuzz Wah, made famous by The Jesus & Mary Chain. The fuzz circuit is the same one as in an Univox Superfuzz (used by The Who, Mudhoney, Electric Wizzard, and many more) and provides a unique, heavy fuzz sound, with a very present octave effect, especially pronounced when played with the neck pickup around 12th fret. It's a perfect pedal for both searing leads and dense rhythm sounds, as one position of the tone switch provides you with a mid-heavy cutting sound, and the other makes a very heavy scooped sound.

The wah is awesome with overdrive and pretty funky sounding, albeit with a pedal throw smaller than your average Crybaby/Vox. The circuit is very similar to a vintage Vox wah and sounds very good.

Condition-wise: it has a couple of dings, especially on the knob label, as you can see. Structurally, it's perfect, the bolts aren't worn out and all parts are present and original.
It works perfectly, without any flaws. The wah pot has been cleaned (disassembled and cleaned with a proper graphite spray), and then sealed with wax, so it's completely scratch-free (while retaining originality). The only 2 non-original things are the battery snap (the original one fell apart, it was replaced with a high-quality modern one) and the DC jack (normal boss-type, negative pin). There's an extra hole on the side of the pedal (covered with electrical tape) that someone in the 80s drilled, for an old-style DC jack.

The pedal has Velcro on the underside and the original screw-in rubber feet are shipped in a baggie inside of the pedal, in case you'd like to put them back on.

andrej
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vox AC30
Completed builds: Zvex Woolly Mammoth
Boss DS-2 mod
Vox AC4
Crowther Hotcake (and own variations)
TS-808
Big Muff Russian
Big Muff IC
Superfuzz
Superfuzz
Big Muff
Mixer/Blend
various other stuff

Post by andrej »

150e final price, if i don't sell it in a week, it goes on ebay...