Guitar Center: MXR GCM66 Classic Overdrive - $20.00

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
Texas Fuzz
Information

Post by Texas Fuzz »

Not sure if this is all Guitar Centers or not...

I was at Guitar Center at lunch today (North Dallas) to return something and saw the Limited Edition GC Exclusive MXR GCM66 Classic Overdrive Pedal behind the glass for $20.00 - NIB with all paperwork.

Are you kidding me? The retail price listed in the case was $99.00. I figure with three knobs and pots, the enclosure itself, jacks, and stomp switch all together, it is a fair enough deal just in spare parts. From what I have read though, it has gotten good reviews and is worth using as is.

Best thing - there is a hidden switch inside that adjusts the EQ which changes the circuit into the Zakk Wylde ZW-44 Overdrive.

They had five - I bought three of them. I figure I'll gut one or two for spare parts and on the third one I will drill the enclosure to tap an external switch to the ZW-44 switch for easy adjustments on the fly.

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

why don't you delete this topic and sell the pedals for $50 each?

Texas Fuzz
Information

Post by Texas Fuzz »

roseblood11 wrote:why don't you delete this topic and sell the pedals for $50 each?
I'm sure someone will or already is doing this, it's not really my thing though, never been much of a profit maker. Also, I have more of a hoarding instinct than a sellers instinct. This is probably why I have a shelf with over 50 effects on it that I don't really use but can't part with - because one day I might need that specific pedal, LOL.

I'll get my money's worth just by taking them apart and playing with their guts.

It's way more entertaining to me than going to a movie with some popcorn and a coke - cheaper too.