BIG muff Replica Enclosures For Sale

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
davidgiandiletti
Information

Post by davidgiandiletti »

I just finished my first small batch of enclosures!

They are built to the specs of the USA big muff enclosures from Ram's Head era to present, 20ga 304 #4 polished stainless steel for the top and 18ga. mild steel for the bases, the bases are unfinished. They come with 4 stainless #4 self tapping screws same as the EHX big muff enclosures. 100% made in USA in my small family owned shop. They have the same switch/knob/jack mounting holes but instead of the hole for the 1/8" DC jack, mine are drilled for the standard 2.1mm plastic DC jack.

Prices:
1 enclosure - $22.50ea. + $6.00 shipping
2 enclosure - $22.50ea. + $12.00 shipping
3-5 enclosures $21.50ea. + $12.00 shipping
6-10 enclosures $20.50 + $12.00 shipping

PM me If you want more than 10 or for International shipping rates (I will ship internationally, I will only charge exactly what it costs me but it won't be cheap)

Thanks for your support! I really hope to make a go of this and release some more different types of enclosures soon but I need to get some of these sold to help get off my feet.

candletears7
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by candletears7 »

They look great mate.
If you could do finished Ram Head enclosure replica I'd take one for sure.

tabbycat
Information

Post by tabbycat »

@davidgiandiletti

hey david,

they are hot. very nicely turned out. i much prefer steel enclosures of any kind to aluminium ones. lighter and less clumsy-bricky-feeling. i just typed currency converter into google and used the first converter to pop up. $22.50 came up as £13.50, which (unless i'm doing it badly wrong) sounds pretty good. entirely fair. correct me if my conversion is rubbish.

alas i think the postage may be the deal-breaker as i'm on the rainy side of the pond ('aluminium' is the give away isn't it). would be interested to hear what your cheapest postage rate to the uk is (i don't mind waiting for a month). thanks if you can.

perhaps your best bet regarding selling them affordably in the uk (if you want to) is team up with someone here who sells stomp box bits online (ebay or independently), do a bulk+slow=cheap shipment of ten or twenty (for example), and say to the seller 'for every four you sell keep one' (or whatever rate you agree).
that's most cost efficient as he's/she's getting paid with a pedal worth £13 for their effort so is happy. but it doesn't cost you £13 to produce so you are getting £13 worth of 'distribution effort' from your distributor for the flat production cost per pedal.
obvioiusly i know nothing about import duties tax whatever, i'm just talking get-the-ball-rolling logic.

another advantage to anyone uk distributing for you is that no one else is selling those here, and they are nice. it would be a bona fide draw that could boost that seller's other sales. for example, if i buy something and am paying the postage for that thing anyway i always have a look at what else that seller is offering in case they have anything i need (that i would only have to pay separate postage for at a later date). we do it on amazon all the time to get free delivery.

ultimately it means finding someone here you can trust to do business with. maybe a fellow freestomp member (not me. i'm sorry but i hate selling on ebay, it gives me a headache) or a reliable stomp box bit seller.
i don't want to get written off a some pr-shill whore (or be liable should they let you down) but doctor tweek, bitsbox and pedalparts uk seem to be pretty established and appreciated here. other freestompers might be able to add names to this list. you may want to approach them to see if something can be arranged.

but they are great boxes and my only interest is that i want to be able to buy one here, affordably, at the click of a button, and see it within a day or two. i don't think i can be the only freestomper who wants that.

anyway, congrats on the good work and best of luck with your venture.

tabby.

ps. my vote for your next enclsure would be something like the grey univox superfuzz (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a_lPYxx9zRo/T ... 0/sdss.jpg). maybe you should do a forum poll for which enclosures freestompers most want, can't find, and what they would be prepared to pay for them.