Franklin Prodrive

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
Johnny B
Information

Post by Johnny B »

Hey Greg, Rick and Kurt (KWCabs) are the guys who I want to use my name and or video demo. For some reason the video went everywhere. It's linked to pedalboard sites all over the planet, I don't know why! I threw that board together a week before Nashville. I'm going to demo for KWCabs and Tonic anps Sweetwood Guitars this weekend at the New York Amp Show, (let's hope there are no cameras around!) Although I don't know how much playing I'll be able to do, I have to have surgery the following weekend after the Amp Show for a torn rotator cuff (twentyseven years of hard labor, I'm a Steamfitter by trade). I'm splitting a room with Nicky and that's like keeping your matches with your dynamite! (lots of tequilla) As far a Rick I concerned I sent him the same video from KWCabs and hopfully he will change it out, I'm sure he will. I push everything with a Klon, even my high gain amps. It's the only thing that works for me and I would really like Bill to start making them again just smaller for the real estate sake and the quality of the build. I don't consider the Klon a drive really and here's how I use it for a clean amp (and I'm sharing my tone secrets here) I keep the level an tone at Ten o'clock and the gain at zero. You get an instant jazz vibe, and for overdrive pedals and high gain amps settings the level and tone are still at ten o'clock and the gain at eleven o'clock, It's majical. I just wish I could fit original Klon on my board. I'm sure Rick would love to be asked questions about his Prodrive and how it works and sounds, but I have to say that right out of the gate it looked to me like a witch hunt. I have the 5th Prodrive Rick made he gives you extra op amps, some stacked some not and tells you to experiment with them. Well I never did because I love the way it sounded right out of the gate. As far as people using my name, what am I going to do start litagation? Who has the time or the money? Not to mention all the bad Karma. All my gear will be in the room I'm splitting with Nicky, so if you come to the show try to find us and we can have a drink and laugh about all of this nonsense! JB

Johnny B
Information

Post by Johnny B »

Hi RnFR, who's bajaman? I used to manage an electronics company in the 90's and teach Mil Spec. soldering, but I dont build pedals or electronics any more. My vision is gone form to many years of welding. I would really like Bill to make the same circuit just in a smaller box.

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

Johnny B wrote:Hey Greg, Rick and Kurt (KWCabs) are the guys who I want to use my name and or video demo. For some reason the video went everywhere. It's linked to pedalboard sites all over the planet, I don't know why! I threw that board together a week before Nashville. I'm going to demo for KWCabs and Tonic anps Sweetwood Guitars this weekend at the New York Amp Show, (let's hope there are no cameras around!) Although I don't know how much playing I'll be able to do, I have to have surgery the following weekend after the Amp Show for a torn rotator cuff (twentyseven years of hard labor, I'm a Steamfitter by trade). I'm splitting a room with Nicky and that's like keeping your matches with your dynamite! (lots of tequilla) As far a Rick I concerned I sent him the same video from KWCabs and hopfully he will change it out, I'm sure he will. I push everything with a Klon, even my high gain amps. It's the only thing that works for me and I would really like Bill to start making them again just smaller for the real estate sake and the quality of the build. I don't consider the Klon a drive really and here's how I use it for a clean amp (and I'm sharing my tone secrets here) I keep the level an tone at Ten o'clock and the gain at zero. You get an instant jazz vibe, and for overdrive pedals and high gain amps settings the level and tone are still at ten o'clock and the gain at eleven o'clock, It's majical. I just wish I could fit original Klon on my board. I'm sure Rick would love to be asked questions about his Prodrive and how it works and sounds, but I have to say that right out of the gate it looked to me like a witch hunt. I have the 5th Prodrive Rick made he gives you extra op amps, some stacked some not and tells you to experiment with them. Well I never did because I love the way it sounded right out of the gate. As far as people using my name, what am I going to do start litagation? Who has the time or the money? Not to mention all the bad Karma. All my gear will be in the room I'm splitting with Nicky, so if you come to the show try to find us and we can have a drink and laugh about all of this nonsense! JB
Thanks for being straight up.. :thumbsup
It wasn't meant as a witch hunt.. just a misunderstanding as far as my Klon comment goes.

If Rick were to say the ProDrive is based on a *** circuit, but I modified it to my purposes.. or that it's a clone, or all original or whatever, that's all it would take for us to have an idea of what it is and not make any assumptions.

Cheers
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

Johnny B
Information

Post by Johnny B »

I hear you Greg, In all honesty when I cracked open ricks pedal, it didn't look like anything I've ever seen. If I were to make an educated guess, an SD-1 like basis for starters, I could be wrong. But it doesn't sound like any SD-1 I have ever heard. I have one of the few handmade ones. It has a vibe of it's own and where ever I placed the knobs, I couldn't get a bad sound out of it. It really seems to like class A amps a lot, I use it on the second channel on my Diezel VH-4, which has sort of a Blackface tone and it's heaven. I don't mean to sound like an ad, It's just something special.

Johnny B
Information

Post by Johnny B »

Here's Nicky Moroch playing the Franklin Prodrive through my rig.

lead2203
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lead2203 »

Johnny B wrote:I hear you Greg, In all honesty when I cracked open ricks pedal, it didn't look like anything I've ever seen. If I were to make an educated guess, an SD-1 like basis for starters, I could be wrong. But it doesn't sound like any SD-1 I have ever heard. I have one of the few handmade ones. It has a vibe of it's own and where ever I placed the knobs, I couldn't get a bad sound out of it. It really seems to like class A amps a lot, I use it on the second channel on my Diezel VH-4, which has sort of a Blackface tone and it's heaven. I don't mean to sound like an ad, It's just something special.
Franklin... Didn't you go through this before? Those amps you made? You're posting 10 years later and doing the same, posting in caps, posting as another person crap again?