Pedal Projects needs your help!

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

And STILL... the OP has not even visited this site since posting this a week ago!

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Govmnt_Lacky wrote:And STILL... the OP has not even visited this site since posting this a week ago!
Holidays happens...
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

lolbou wrote:
Govmnt_Lacky wrote:And STILL... the OP has not even visited this site since posting this a week ago!
Holidays happens...
So its "Gimme your money for MY business and oh... by the way.... I am going on HOLIDAY?" :slap:

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Holiday cost mony bro

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Look at this this way. At least he's not going to change his sex

.Mike
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by .Mike »

No surprise. His last post before this topic was in January.

Of course, my last post here was in January, too... but I've been building for over five years, I haven't sold (or tried to sell) a single pedal, and I don't have my hand out asking for your hard-earned dollars so I may personally profit in the future.

On a completely unrelated note, If anyone wants to send me $25, I'm sure I can scrape together a dozen guitar picks for you. That's 20% more than you would get if you contributed. I'm so generous. :slap:

Mike
My website: America's Debate | My effects site: Just one more build...

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Missed you Mike! :thumbsup

geiristudio
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by geiristudio »

Hey guys, sorry for not commenting back here but I've been busy.

I was sceptical about posting this here and if you read through the comments, you'll know why. I'm not very good with words, never have been. I guess my point doesn't come across too well or it sounds better in my head before trying to put it to words.

I have been and will remain totally honest about my builds, unlike many other builders out there (no finger pointing here). Yes I build the Klone. Why? Because it sells and there's still a lot of demand for it. Do I like the Klone? No, I hate building it. It's an overrated circuit that doesn't even sound that good to justify the parts count. That my opinion and I don't care what others think about it. It's easy to argue back and forth about the Klon.

The Klone has helped me gain a little bit of a rep and customers. My other pedals are selling well too and I hope that they will gain the rep needed so that I can stop building the Klone because I am aiming for that but while it's still selling well, I'll keep making it.

There are gut photos of my pedals on the website. The Owly is a simple MOSFET booster. Nothing new and I'm not claiming it to be anything new. Same with Litli Fuzz, which is described as a take on the classic silicon FF. No secrets there. The Growly is a MOSFET dual circuit pedal. Boost side is an unaltered Owly and the Growly is no revolution either. It's not a direct ripoff but it shares ideas from various places. Marbleverb is a BTDR-2 reverb that also shares ideas from many projects that are lurking around the interwebs. Bufferlo is a slightly improved Klon buffer in a small package.

Boring? Perhaps to you guys but I enjoy what I'm doing and I'm always learning new things. So what if my last post was in January? What does that have to do with anything? I've been a member for a while, I've read a shitload of stuff here and learnt a lot from active users here. Maybe I haven't had many reasons to post things here.

I'm sorry if people are taking my original post the wrong way. I have only good intentions and I thought this might be a decent idea for those willing to help out a guy with a very, yes very, small business. So what if I have almost 12k likes on Facebook and 8k followers on Instagram? You can't translate that into sales. I honestly just started being able to pay myself minimum wage about 5 months ago. Up until then I spent over a year with no pay at all and just working to get where in. Am I a circuit genius? No not at all but I'm keen on learning and I have some good friends who help me out if I get into trouble with things.

Cheers guys!

Ps. Excuse me if there are obvious spelling errors because I typed on my phone and autocorrect gets me all the time!

geiristudio
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by geiristudio »

Oh and the reson I hadn't been back here in a while was that I forgot to set so that I'd be notified when people responded to this and I forgot to check.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

FWIW , i notice as a contributor you have been thanked 20 times and thanked others 3 times
so you must have been posting helpful things, thanks

geiristudio
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by geiristudio »

I'm the person who normally doesn't post unless I have something useful to post. I say normally because as you can see, this thread isn't useful to anyone here haha!

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

Yeah, I'd say I owe more to this grp than I've given, just waiting for the opportunity!

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

I posted what I did for 2 reasons:

1) Posting here about your kickstarter not only allows you access to people who can possibly contribute but... it also is a somewhat commitment to the forum that you would be available to answer any questions. I believe that would fall under the "useful" things to post.

2) I was merely pointing out that your kickstarter "offerings" were pretty low return for what you were demanding. Meaning that you might want to re-evaluate your expectations. $1000 donations for that pedalboard is pretty steep. You want to have people believe that they are getting a return on their investment. That's just the way it is.

Good Luck though...

grrrunge
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Loads!

Post by grrrunge »

Govmnt_Lacky wrote: 2) I was merely pointing out that your kickstarter "offerings" were pretty low return for what you were demanding. Meaning that you might want to re-evaluate your expectations. $1000 donations for that pedalboard is pretty steep. You want to have people believe that they are getting a return on their investment. That's just the way it is.

Good Luck though...
I agree with you on this - at least when seen in the perspective of most of us here at FSB. Personally I am done buying pedals i can build myself. The last pedal i bought was a TC Flashback X4, and I'm pretty keen on getting some of the eventide stuff as well. But those definitely fall in the category of pedals that are far to complicated for me to build ;)
The other way around: if i had no idea about building pedals, $1000 for five pedals, a good psu and a pedal board doesn't seem steep at all. The pedal power retails for $248 alone. That leaves the pedals at roughly $150 each, without considering the cost of board and cabling. Not to bad if you ask me ;)

Asgeír: I wish you you the best of luck with your business! Your stuff looks great ;)
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk