DIY Set for Mutron Biphase

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
bvanesch
Information

Post by bvanesch »

Hello everyone, since I´ve built a biphase with great results people have asked me to make extra sets of the pcb´s available, since that´s the biggest obstacle for most. A set costs 60 euros/70 dollars without holes, 80 euros/92 dollars pre-drilled(time and drills, it´s a lot of holes!).

Made following the exact same schematics as for the original 70´s biphase, with the exception of the added rate-LEDs to see each phaser´s rate and depth at a glance. The control PCB has been redrawn to half of its original size(from 300x200mm to 150x200 mm) for easy accomodation in a footbased pedal or a rack unit(I use a 1u rack).

The effect works 100% like the original:
- controls for each phaser
- controls for the sweep generators
- phasers on/off by any standard latching double footswitch
- sweep/rate pedalcontrol using a standard Roland EV-5 expression pedal or M-Audio EX-P

Sold including all schematics, layouts, manual and a list of all components, and with indefinite help and problemsolving.

Greetings, Bram.
Attachments
Batch.jpg

bvanesch
Information

Post by bvanesch »

I forgot to mention that I also make lightproof LED/LDR enclosures for the effect pcb of the biphase! They cost 12 euros/14 dollars a pair and are made to fit the 14 pin IC socket.

Greetings, Bram.

PMowdes
Information

Post by PMowdes »

bvanesch wrote:I forgot to mention that I also make lightproof LED/LDR enclosures for the effect pcb of the biphase! They cost 12 euros/14 dollars a pair and are made to fit the 14 pin IC socket.

Greetings, Bram.

Bram, do you have any info on calibrating the BiPhase?? I'm trying to find some info but I'm not having much luck.

Thanks

Phil

petreestow
Information

Post by petreestow »

Could we see your finished result of the Mutron Biphase? Thanks!

PMowdes
Information

Post by PMowdes »

petreestow wrote:Could we see your finished result of the Mutron Biphase? Thanks!

Sorry dude, it's still on the bench in the "to be finished" pile

freysmith
Information

Post by freysmith »

Hello Is it still possible to buy one of your pcb sets for a Mutron Bi phase and the 4 light proof led / photo resistor packages? I am based in London UK. many thanks Frey

PMowdes
Information

Post by PMowdes »

freysmith wrote:Hello Is it still possible to buy one of your pcb sets for a Mutron Bi phase and the 4 light proof led / photo resistor packages? I am based in London UK. many thanks Frey
If bvanesch cant sort you out we have Biphase pcb sets over here.

https://www.deadendfx.com/product/lola- ... -2-version

This is true to the original except it has a slightly modified power section and the pedal configuration has been updated to work around the old Mutron opto pedal which is unobtainium.

bvanesch
Information

Post by bvanesch »

Hello everyone, sorry for the scandalously late reply. I haven´t been on the forum for a long time and wasn´t aware that I wouldn´t get notified by email when somebody wrote a reply to my post.

If someone is still interested email me at flippingmedals@gmail.com, or through the Youtube channel Flipping Medals. The reason I was checking this site is because I have to post a picture of a heavily updated version of the same set that´s been out since February already. The old set measured 150x210mm for the command pcb and 210x100mm for the effect pcb. I have redrawn the boards from scratch, shortening traces to a minimum on the audio section and separating it even more so from the LFO circuit. Both pcb´s now measure 160x100 mm, the +-15VDC linear power supply pcb is still the same at 50x60mm.

Prices are still the same: 60 euro/80 euro predrilled, and come with all the original correct schematics, component layouts, manual, partslist and continuous support through email. Newtone-online.nl from the Netherlands(NO afilitation) sells a compenent kit for this pcb set if you email them requesting the Biphase component set. They ship worldwide, as do I of course.

For three years now I´ve been selling the boards all over the world and I´m still enjoying it! Even the completed 1U rackunits are still selling,mostly to studios, even though I explicitly tell everyone that a new Biphase is on the market from Mu-tron.

Any questions just ask!

Best wishes, Bram van Esch.
Attachments
PCBSet.jpg

bvanesch
Information

Post by bvanesch »

The biphase mentioned above has long gone! This one was built this year. Currently I have the last one in my rig for testing and calibration.

Enjoy the holidays!
Attachments
Front.jpg
Rear.jpg
Rear2.jpg