DIY Set for Mutron Biphase

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.

DIY Set for Mutron Biphase

Postby bvanesch » 26 Jan 2017, 19:14

Hello everyone, since I´ve built a biphase with great results people have asked me to make extra sets of the pcb´s available, since that´s the biggest obstacle for most. A set costs 60 euros/70 dollars without holes, 80 euros/92 dollars pre-drilled(time and drills, it´s a lot of holes!).

Made following the exact same schematics as for the original 70´s biphase, with the exception of the added rate-LEDs to see each phaser´s rate and depth at a glance. The control PCB has been redrawn to half of its original size(from 300x200mm to 150x200 mm) for easy accomodation in a footbased pedal or a rack unit(I use a 1u rack).

The effect works 100% like the original:
- controls for each phaser
- controls for the sweep generators
- phasers on/off by any standard latching double footswitch
- sweep/rate pedalcontrol using a standard Roland EV-5 expression pedal or M-Audio EX-P

Sold including all schematics, layouts, manual and a list of all components, and with indefinite help and problemsolving.

Greetings, Bram.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bvanesch

Have thanks: 6 times

Re: DIY Set for Mutron Biphase

Postby bvanesch » 28 Jan 2017, 22:26

I forgot to mention that I also make lightproof LED/LDR enclosures for the effect pcb of the biphase! They cost 12 euros/14 dollars a pair and are made to fit the 14 pin IC socket.

Greetings, Bram.
bvanesch

Postby PMowdes » 21 Mar 2017, 12:30

bvanesch wrote:I forgot to mention that I also make lightproof LED/LDR enclosures for the effect pcb of the biphase! They cost 12 euros/14 dollars a pair and are made to fit the 14 pin IC socket.

Greetings, Bram.

Bram, do you have any info on calibrating the BiPhase?? I'm trying to find some info but I'm not having much luck.

Thanks

Phil
PMowdes

Postby petreestow » 28 Jun 2017, 17:22

Could we see your finished result of the Mutron Biphase? Thanks!
petreestow

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby PMowdes » 11 Jul 2017, 09:37

petreestow wrote:Could we see your finished result of the Mutron Biphase? Thanks!

Sorry dude, it's still on the bench in the "to be finished" pile
PMowdes

Return to Stuff Seen for Sale