OPAMP adapter sourcing

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
coldcraft
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by coldcraft »

David Barber seems to think otherwise actually.
Black Dynamite wrote:you need to shut the fuck up when grown folks is talkin.

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: HIWATT motherfucker!

Post by phibes »

C'mon now, you guys don't 'stack' Ketchup and Mustard every to make BBQ sauce?

:mrgreen:
GuitarlCarl - "TGP = The Gear Polishers"

Image Ken

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

One of the things that came up during a discussion at the Christmas dinner table was:

People doing a "thing" professionally aren't necessarily the people who are the best at doing that thing.

In this perspective the ones doing a certain job are considered the ones who have the knowledge. However, when they perform tasks like this "opamp stacking" one could wonder how deep this "knowledge" really goes.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

If the Same amount of attention was paid to simple R/C maths most of the wank would instantly dissappear but no one wants to know about boring maths do they? :block: :block: :block: :block:

It's so much more kool/hip/in fashion to speak about the quality of the gold print on the latest Nos cryogenic-ally frozen (Pick a brand name) BS than to learn about the basics which build the knowledge base.

Sadly there is little one can do to give mojo hype to a simple Resistor or Cap but in truth these humble things make or break most circuits. :blackeye

Just reading the latest driville on any new gear will likely contain words that have a magnetic attraction to the name droppers who blindly believe anything written in/on glossy printed word from guitar mags and like propaganda,,
often written by people who seem to understand little more than the ignorant masses and is therefore MUST be Truth beyond reproach and hence holy and divine. :shock:
Next idiot please :popcorn:

Arrh but this is the free world after all,, as long as the video has a stack of Marshalls who cares if it was recorded through a 10 watt SState Amp with a $50 Koeran made Guitar.
The whole world is smoke an mirrors if you care to look hard at the detail. :tired
Phil.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:One of the things that came up during a discussion at the Christmas dinner table was
Jeez, your Christmas dinner must have been a laugh a minute! :mrgreen:
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

You know scrabble do you?
We played a few games. The main focus was not on points but, as usual, on who made the dirtiest, foulest or politically incorrect (combination of) words. No "that's not in the dictionary" crap. When it's gramaticcally correct it's good. Yes, it was a good xmas.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:The main focus was not on points but, as usual, on who made the dirtiest, foulest or politically incorrect (combination of) words.
I though that was the rules, it's always the way I play it too :D
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Tell my mother in law...... As soon as we let her out of her coffin she wins all the time.

merlinb
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by merlinb »

phatt wrote:If the Same amount of attention was paid to simple R/C maths most of the wank would instantly dissappear but no one wants to know about boring maths do they?
Well said! [smilie=thumbup.gif]

hanji
Information

Post by hanji »

Sorry to dig this back up.. but have been looking for Dual Stack for Boss mods. I did come across this.. would this work?

http://cimarrontechnology.com/silsingle ... apter.aspx

h

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

hanji wrote:Sorry to dig this back up.. but have been looking for Dual Stack for Boss mods. I did come across this.. would this work?

http://cimarrontechnology.com/silsingle ... apter.aspx

h
No, that is not a dual stacker, it is a 2x single to dual converter. To convert say 2x 071 into a dual SIL package.

As has already been said, no self respecting engineer would design an opamp stacker, it goes against everything EEs are taught.

Didn't you read any of the posts above about stacking opamps, or did you read them and chose to ignore them in the name of mirrors and snake oil? :roll:
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

sanfi4u
Information

Post by sanfi4u »

Monte Allums isn't alone in his wild engineering. Recently Leona Amplification has released a Sugar & Spice Overdrive using stacked opamps.

Here's what they say about the pedal:
"What makes Sugar&Spice unique in comparison with other light to medium overdrive pedals is use of stacked op-amps in order to achieve excellent touch sensitivity and “amp like” response."

http://www.leonaamplification.com/produ ... overdrive/

Was it stacked opamp that helped or not but S&S sounds quite pleasant in this demo:

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

please stop believing mojotalk and start learning

Blitz Krieg
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Blitz Krieg »

transistor stacking?

or is that a darlington?

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

You don't stack BJTs directly, you can 'parallel them up' if you use current sharing base resistors. This increases the current capacity. A typical use is the output stage of power amplifiers.

FETs however can be directly stacked, again for increased current capacity.

Darlingtons are not stacked transistors but a legitimate configuration to increase the gain.

Note. All the above are sound engineering practices and do not involve mojo or snake oil.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012